Bushy Tails for Dinner

Sometimes people question the expansion of the Atomics/Hades. Here's a recovered pellet from just this evening. 22 cal, 890fps, 28fpe, body shot on a squirrel at 25yds. Pellet hit front shoulder slightly angled to the rear and stopped just under the hide about an inch behind the opposite shoulder. DRT. Most shots are pass-throughs. Recovery doesn't happen often, maybe 1 in 12 or so with this rig, but I always like being able to recover them for inspection. The max expansion on this one was 0.259". Damn good in my book.

Atomics-22-Expansion-Squirrel_Body-Shot_IMG_6662.jpg

Atomics-22-Expansion-Squirrel_Body-Shot_IMG_6663.jpg

Atomics-22-Expansion-Squirrel_Body-Shot_IMG_6664.jpg

Reactions: AmosBurton
I had my P35-25 for an entire hunting season before getting my P35-22 and P35-177. I shot 18 with it using 20 grain H&N FTTs at about 32 fpe. Only two ran at all and they didn't go far. Both were shot in the chest and the pellet went lengthwise through them stopping under the hide behind a back leg. The only other pellet recovered was from a double shoulder shot. I agree that a 22 around 30 fpe seems to knock squirrels down as well as a 25. I've retuned my P35-25 to almost 50 fpe now but don't intend to use it often for squirrels. That level of power is intended for bigger quarry.

I've only recovered one pellet from my P35-22. It was a weird shot that went up a front leg breaking it in multiple places, went through the chest, through the spine and stopped under the skin. Squirrel was DRT just like the other 8.

Reactions: Spartan