• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bushnell warranty Rant

Recieved a replacement unit for my Bushnell Nitro 2.5-10x44 FFP Deploy that had warranty covered power adjustment issues. “There was not a mark anywhere on the scope it was a safe queen, no over tightened ring marks etc”

They responded saying, good news it’s covered a replacement unit it being shipped.

Replacement shows today
SFP $239 Engage

My nitro ffp was North of $800 when i purchased

I sent This email to their customer service department

IMG_5990.png
IMG_5996.png
IMG_5997.png
I’m confused as to why it was replaced with a scope not near the same level of quality, Your policy states equal or greater value.

My nitro scope was discontinued, but when purchased it was north of $800 dollars and is still being sold over $700 see pics below.

The Engage they sent is second focal plane and is nowhere near the quality of the higher end ffp nitro I had before. This entry level scope is of no use to me.

I have athalon and Vortex scopes and Know the warranty is Rock solid. Bushnell getting a big 👎🏼 on this one. Will see if they make right

Bushnell warranty is a joke, Buy Bushnell if you like it but do not expect any kind of warranty, I do not care what they say or have in writing, Its all B/S and will tie you up for years with the warranty crap,,, I have been through it TWO times never again......
Mike
Yea i’ve read similar situations on the pb forum, not much for expectations but we will see.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Years ago purchased at 4200 8-32 with slightly canted reticle paid shipping & $15(?) , then sent it back admitting it was "slightly" canted "but w/in factory tolerances". Before throwing it out I got lucky and found a fellow airgunner who wanted it for ONE range only shooting so he got a great deal and I will just not deal with them again.
Keep that positive attitude, airguns are for fun.

John

Reactions: Dairyboy
spoke with clthem today, they are sending a ffp match pro retails is around 400.. better than nothing.
@ExOverland That deos not seem like a bad tradeoff from what I’ve read about the Matchpro glass. I believe that @igolfat8 had several Matchpros and spoke highly of them. I’ve read of them spoken highly of on other forums as well. I have a Nitro and the glass is pretty good to me. Now the Matchpro EDs seem to be another story….

spoke with them today, they are sending a ffp match pro retails is around 400.. better than nothing.
damn, that is still not good enough... Well guess I wont be buying any Bushnell scope after reading about your experiences. Right now I own the new DMR3, LRHS, and the probably dump both scope on SH before the chance of warranty needed. On the other end of the spectrum, Vortex just warranty a scope bought 2nd hand for me with bad turrets by giving me a upgraded current scope.

Reactions: Dairyboy
spoke with them today, they are sending a ffp match pro retails is around 400.. better than nothing.
Ya, the balls in there court in the end .

They could of claimed user abuse and just sent back the busted scope and left you holding the s.o.l bag ..

Still the scope your getting maybe better quality just not priced better?

It is what it is and if the replacement aint satisfying its a you'll know better the next time choosing a scope/ brand.

I had a similar thing happen to me before. Also, I sent for warranty repair or replacement of my scope, got back an email that they can not repair it and will be shipping a replacement, which was waaaaay lower class scope. I immediately called their support number and requested to speak to the manager. He wasn't available, so I left a callback number, and the next day I got a call. After lengthy discussion, I specifically pressed that the replacement must be the same or better than the faulty one. After all the discussion, he asked me to look at the website and choose which one I want within similar price range and features (i.e. don't pick the most expensive) and email him. At the end of this story, I got a new scope, which more or less matched the one that was replaced. The trick was to be persistent and to speak to a manager or a supervisor. It takes quite a bit of time though, so now I'm trying to stay away from Bushnell, not worth it IMHO.