Bushnell scopes

I see guys using them , but also serms the one that held up i guess the best is no longer made..lol. Go figure.

Thing is no matter it works out or it dont on any springer.

Looking for that one found this . I guess there using tasco tebranded now

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1274907-bushnell-3-9x40-ao-air-gun-scope.html

But seems that old ao may of been that one .

This one no longer made but recomended for break barrel

"that has been designed for high-performance centerfire rifles and break-barrel airguns. Bushnell TrophyXLT 4-12x40"

https://www.opticsplanet.com/bushne...e-with-doa-600-or-multi-x-reticle-734120.html.

For me any i put on a springer is a dice roll anyway. I dont get my hopes up too fast...lol

I'm all for lifetime warranties, but I'd rather send a free email and ask rather than take a chance on destroying a good scope :)
Back maybe a 2 years ago you could put air gun or air rifle in the search thing and get somthing , but i think they backed out of that . The scoped like i linked above been discontinued ..

Thing is you e mail them and most times they aint got a clue. Air gun? Springer? Oh our stuff are for real guns ...lol. i can almost bet on that ..

Reactions: beerthief
The Bushnell Elites are good to go as are some of the oldre Legends I use the older Trophy model on a springer.
See if you can google the old Texas Air Gun Scope site,one has all the model scopes that you can use on a springer....some are rated magnum use.
The site is old....I can not get the information at this time

Reactions: beerthief
any info on Bushnell scopes on springer rifles? I have an older front AO scope that focuses to 10 yards i would like to use . I know Bushnell has a life no questions warrantee, but really do not want to destroy a scope .
Thanks for all replies
Stan
Is it a "Banner" model?
If so, it'll probably (most likely) hold zero on a reasonably powerful springer.

any info on Bushnell scopes on springer rifles? I have an older front AO scope that focuses to 10 yards i would like to use . I know Bushnell has a life no questions warrantee, but really do not want to destroy a scope .
Thanks for all replies
Stan
Years ago I used a Bushnell Banner 3-9x32 on my RWS 48 .20. I bought it with the rifle at Airgun Express while I was in there.
(They were later purchased by Pyramyd Air)
It wasn't glass etched reticle because I'm pretty sure they weren't readily available yet in 2001 but the crosshairs were double braced and a recommended scope at the time.

Like i say . You mount it and use it. If it holds up then hreat . If not then you kinfa know better next time ..

I figure a lot of times you see guys saying its held up on there's or see that that claim is only a few hundred shots .

To that most i do wonder is what kinda shot count is in play with that the evaluation is based on. Ya, know on a gun thats only seen a hundred or a few thousand?

Thanks for all replies
Stan
Just be forewarn. Although I still love Bushnell products in general…(They may have changed their policy) BUT If it's an older Bushnell model, they may replace it with whatever they feel is an appropriate model. Make sure you let them know clearly. DO NOT REPLACE MY SCOPE without discussing options with me.

I sent in an older Elite 8-32x for repair. They didn't even bother to contact me and they sent me a newer model that only parallax down to 25 yards. I understand Bushnell may not have parts or may not want to fix an older scope...but at least have the courtesy to discuss options with me.

I wrote them a nasty letter saying that my old Elite 8-32x focus down to 10 yards and I shoot field target that this totally new scope they sent me ...retail value around $600 was not usable for me. It would have been nice if there was a discussion regarding options. I asked for a Leupold close focus or funds to purchase a Leupold close focus ($50)...No response. I would have even accepted a 50/50 split to get a Leupold close focus.

I don’t want to put words in their mouth. It seems like … hey you got a new scope… if you don’t like it, don’t bother us. sell it and buy something else. An unfortunate trend these days with some corporations focused on profits and their new products instead of customer service.

Last edited:
In the past, Bushnell published that the Trophy and Banner 4x12-40AO and the 6x18-40AO were rated for Springers. I can no longer find that anywhere, but I have 3 different Banner 4x12-40AO on an R9, R7, HW30s, and they do fine. The R9 I have is from the 1990s, a blem from Beemans. I had put my first Banner on it, and I must have 6000-8000 rounds thru it with no problems. I picked up my R7 from PA about 2 years ago, and put a new Banner on it, and its working fine also.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty