Bushnell Scope

I believe that most of us use Adjustable Objective scopes that focus to a minimum of 10 meters on our airguns.

So, if it is AO and adjusts to ten yards it is great for an airgun.

Most scopes that are made for powder burners and are not AO scopes have the parallax set to 100 yards. So while not the best for airguns, they can be a bit blurry at closer ranges and can have a huge parallax error problem, they may still may werq for you for now anyway. That is until you are spoiled by one of the adjustable objective scopes.

I have a new Bushnell 6X12, 40 scope is it good for a AIR GUN or should I sell it?

Some Bushnell scopes work well on the PCP airguns I’ve mounted them on. I currently use a Bushnell Nitro and have used a Bushnell Banner on a Benjamin Bulldog in the past. @biohazardman and @butch have raised good points. Can you provide more detailed information about your scope and the make and model of airgun you wish to mount it on?

As far as I know, you will be hard pressed to find ANY quality scope these days that will actually state that it is *springer* rated.

Of course, I could be wrong, but my guess is that any scope using that moniker today probably isn't a very good scope.

Ducking and running... (chuckle)

p.s.

To my knowledge, even Leupold will not categorically state that any of their scopes are *springer* rated. Again, I could be wrong...

If it's made in CHINA sell it.

If it's made in KOREA keep it.

If it's made in JAPAN it must be really old KEEP IT.

Either way don't mount any Bushnell on a spring gun due to said questionable warranty policy issues.

Bushnell has been known for switching manufactures located in CHINA and KOREA and I'd trust made in KOREA over made in CHINA any day for a scope or air gun or electronics.

ONLY exception I would never buy a car made in CHINA if I needed it to be a reliable daily driven being a one car owner. I would not purchase a Korean made car either 10 year warranty or not.

If you plan to mount on a spring gun the Vortex Cross Fire 2 4-12x40 AO made in CHINA has decent optics and seems to be built tough with the best life time warranty in the business. Proof is with all of the over whelming satisfied Vortex customers who voiced how great the Vortex warranty is based on fact after all their Chinese made Vortex scopes broke.

Similarly Athlon got over whelming happy warranty customers too but am not sure if they hold up to spring guns as well as Vortex.

Have to know and understand things made in CHINA got real possibility and probability on a ratio of QC issues. Mark up is really high of course they can give you brand new replacements no questions asked they bought them really cheap to begin with. 

Companies who actually care about genuinely good items have Japan make them but still jack up the price but atleast you got quality.

Old Japan made Bushnells with the front focus are hard to beat.

Unfortunately greed and profits trumps quality so off to Korea then got greedier and off to China they went.

Must have had too many QC issues from CHINA then flip flopping to KOREA.

Reactions: Vortecsix