• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bushnell or Optisan??

I am just about ready to decide on a new Field Target Scope, but I am torn between the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 Mil Dot (I am aware it isn't produced anymore) and the Optisan Viper 6-24x56. I have heard nothing but positive things about the Bushnell, but don't know much about the Optisan. Will it hold up on a springer? How is the clarity? Are the clicks crisp and repeatable?

If it matters, the scope will sit on either a Beeman R10 .20, or a Webley Raider.

Thanks
Nico

http://www.optisanoptics.com/
I haven't owned a Bushnell of any type as yet, but I do have an optisan mamba lite on my Bobcat. It is by far the clearest glass I've looked through in this price range and the reticle (SBC) is quite handy on the air rifle.
They offer a lifetime warranty (whose lifetime?) I can't seem to find it on their website to quote but I do remember their earlier advertising saying it was suitable for 50 cal and they do show the viper under their air rifle heading on the website.