• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bushnell nitro scopes

Best $359 I have ever spent on a Korean FFP with a busy reticle. It's on one of my Redwolfs. I like it so much I bought 5 of the 5-20x44 FFP with the same busy reticle since the 6-24x FFP were sold out but really prefer the 6-24x FFP specifically. It seems to be clearer to mey eyes than most of my other popular branded $500 Chinese scopes of that magnification up to a $649 MTC Viper Pro price range. Yo 

Capped turrets? No illumination? Center dot reticle?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. All Positives in my book for what I use a scope for. Capped so no chance of it getting changed (without me knowing) while hunting. Lighter without illumination, which I don't need as it's illegal to hunt the game I hunt after dark. Center dot so the crosshair lines don't block out any of my target.

I have an moa and mil version in the 6-24. Mine are both clear and seemingly dependable. When they were " On sale" at the $600 area, I bought my first. I also bought a Midas Tac 6-24 at the same time. Absolutely NO COMPARISON. Though clear and seemingly dependable, the M T blows it out of the water. At $359 or less at one point.... pretty nice scope. Wouldn't be afraid to get another but one thing bothers me on it. The oculars are both loose and I've done the "oring mod" on mine which seems to be good enough to make them repeatable and solid. The fov is small compared to the M T and adjustments are mushy and tighter. Weight is similar and the charcoal grey one I bought is a nice looking scope.

Just my $.02 . Not an Athlon fan boy, just impressed with that particular scope. 

Bob

I just purchased the 3-12x44 MRAD FFP Nitro, and mounted it on my HW110. I can't shoot because I am waiting on a pump.

It looks pretty good for the $250 I paid. It's far better that the Centerpoint FFP I returned due to inability to focus at 10 yards, and the horrible reticle.

It's not noticeably inferior to the much more expensive Vortex PST FFP scopes I have on powder burners, but I did not do a side-by-side comparison. I did test that it will parallax adjust to 10 yards, which is important to me for basement usage.

More later...

The Midas is a lot more$$$$

Maybe just my eyes, but for over $600 I was not impressed with my Midas Tac 6-24. Sold it within a month of purchase

When I bought my first Nitro, it was $569, and my Midas Tac was $589. I'd say that's pretty comparable and both were "on sale". At $369 or thereabouts , the Nitro isn't a bad choice. Maybe your sample and mine are the extremes? All I know is this one is quite good. 4 of us were comparing 5 different scopes at the same mag yesterday evening (14x, cause that's what 2 of them were). General consensus was that the M T could resolve the most detail and had the best turrets and reticle. The high end was a Sightron 10-50 FT scope, also turned down to 14x. Honorable mention was the Primary Arms 4-14. Very clear glass and nice reticle.... around $250. Turrets were a little bit stiff and indistinct but seemingly very precise. 

Fwiw, the Sightron was very good.... no complaints.

Bob

Maybe just my eyes, but for over $600 I was not impressed with my Midas Tac 6-24. Sold it within a month of purchase

When I bought my first Nitro, it was $569, and my Midas Tac was $589. I'd say that's pretty comparable and both were "on sale". At $369 or thereabouts , the Nitro isn't a bad choice. Maybe your sample and mine are the extremes? All I know is this one is quite good. 4 of us were comparing 5 different scopes at the same mag yesterday evening (14x, cause that's what 2 of them were). General consensus was that the M T could resolve the most detail and had the best turrets and reticle. The high end was a Sightron 10-50 FT scope, also turned down to 14x. Honorable mention was the Primary Arms 4-14. Very clear glass and nice reticle.... around $250. Turrets were a little bit stiff and indistinct but seemingly very precise. 

Bob

If you like the Primary Arms 4-14x you should try the $100 BSA 4-14x from Aliexpress you'll see what my scope gripe is all about. Yo!

Bob

If you like the Primary Arms 4-14x you should try the $100 BSA 4-14x from Aliexpress you'll see what my scope gripe is all about. Yo!

Arz and I have/had the BSA 4-14x44 when Midway had them for $250. Not bad in most ways except for the glass which was kinda poor. The PA that Arz mentioned had much better glass than those BSA's had, and so does the Talos BTR. In glass, Arz gave the PA the nod and the others voted a tie between it and the Talos BTR.

I was surprised to see the Midas TAC gave the most resolution and pleasant image quality of all of them, including that Sightron, and a Ares BTR??????

Is the SFP 5-20x44 Bushnell Nitro still on sale at Camera Land for only $199? If so that's got to be the most awesome deal I have seen in a while if you are ok with SFP. YO!

Only the 2.5-10 FFP left for $199 Midway has the 4-16 Nitro in FFP for $259 with free shipping

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020054878?pid=941297

Bob

Arz and I have/had the BSA 4-14x44 when Midway had them for $250. Not bad in most ways except for the glass which was kinda poor. The PA that Arz mentioned had much better glass than those BSA's had, and so does the Talos BTR. In glass, Arz gave the PA the nod and the others voted a tie between it and the Talos BTR.

I was surprised to see the Midas TAC gave the most resolution and pleasant image quality of all of them, including that Sightron, and a Ares BTR??????

Is this $100 Aliexpress BSA 4-14x the same scope as the Midway BSA 4-14x for $250? The $100 Aliexpress looks like a Mueller 8-32x at least very similar in construction but the cheap $100 Aliexpress has a TAC Vector or SWFA SS type reticle and is surprisingly bright and clear regardless of how cheap it cost. Yo!

Bob

Is this $100 Aliexpress BSA 4-14x the same scope as the Midway BSA 4-14x for $250? The $100 Aliexpress looks like a Mueller 8-32x at least very similar in construction but the cheap $100 Aliexpress has a TAC Vector or SWFA SS type reticle and is surprisingly bright and clear regardless of how cheap it cost. Yo!

As far as I can tell, then yes it's exactly the same???

That's a good deal if the scope is the same as the Midway BSA, especially so if the glass is as good as the Talos and the PA. But maybe it's a chinese knockoff of a chinese original, lol???