Bushnell Forge Yellow tinted scope glass picture

Yo

Mar 26, 2020
Hi
Round 2 on the Bushnell Forge series of scopes. Yep hadn't learnt my lesson on the first 2 Bushnell Forge 3-18x50 scopes. I actually purchased it for a buddy who wanted high magnification that's partial to Bushnell brand who actually don't need close focus since these are 25 yard focus models made in China selling at a premium price as their upper end but still a hair under $1000.00. He saw my 3-18x50s which I didn't like and wanted a high magnification version of them ok.

Well a 4.5-27x50 Bushnell Forge arrived and first noticed it has yellowed glass upon viewing through to check for clarity.

Is it normal to have tinted yellow glass in a 4.5-27x50 Bushnell Forge? IDK but I have seen yellow glass in other brands of Chinese made scopes that didn't cost this much and mostly on the cheap side.

Anyone else own scopes that have a yellow tint in their glass like the old Hawke Sidewinder 30s and other unmentionable brands?

I don't know if this Forge is defective or is it normal to have yellow tinted glass?

Hello Yo, I have a forge 4.5-27x 50 ffp on the Matador with the deploy moa reticle and there is no yellow tint. It really is a great scope I'm really happy with it so far. Which one do you have?
1598566413_10645368375f48300dafd650.46756734.jpg

Yo, please call your doc and schedule a zoom visit to make sure you don’t have jaundice first
1f61c.svg

On a side note, DVor took back my Nikko and gave me a refund minus shipping. I think that was my last Nikko Chinese scope.

Good luck with those Bushy’s.

Haw haw haw... Glad you got sorted at DVOR. Buy a FFP Centerpoint from Crosman it's a lot clearer. The Wal-Mart side focus SFP 3-12x44 too. Not joking.

Yea I previously turned my bud onto the lower end cheaper (Also Chinese) Bushnell Engage 6-24x50 and he then was looking for a higher end with higher magnification Bushnell and he told me his Engage looks clearer than this Forge and pointed out the distinct yellow color when looking through it which his Engage doesn't exhibit. He left it with me to check out.

This one may be defective if the cheaper Bushnell Engage is indeed clearer. I don't have my Engage scopes here at the moment to verify but compared it to (these all Chinese) Discovery HD, Vector Taurus, Alpha6, MTC Viper PRO, Mueller, UTG mini SWAT, (these following are Japan) SWFA SS, Bushnell TAC 5-15x40, Vortex Golden Eagle, March-F, Bushnell TAC 4.5-30x50, Sightron SIII 10-50x60 and 8-32x56, Nightforce SHV, (these are Filipino) Sightron SII (4-16x) and S TAC and old Simmons 44 Mag 6 5-20x44 AO. None have the yellow tint by comparison. Oh and Leupold EFR 3-9x Freedom and VX2 EFR 3-9x and VX3 6.5-20x EFR these are USA.

Pretty stumped!