Western Airguns Bushbuck Rules

Getting the itch for fall deer hunting. Checked my scope zero and made a few minor adjustments and ready to go. Shooting 350 grain from my Bushbuck Carbine at 50 yards. Good enough. The spire point 380 grain shoot a one ragged hole but not much wound channel. Mold is a Accurate that drops 3 bullets 315, 350 and 380 grain.

20230817_102826.jpg

20230817_102834.jpg

20230817_102609.jpg

20230817_103031.jpg

@shamu The spire point is an interesting choice. I would think that might pass through a white tail. I was thinking they’re suited for something like a moose or bear. What are your thoughts?
An ol timer did some homework a few years back and found that a large meplat (flat nose) is necessary to make a major wound channel which proves to be much more deadly. Spire points bleed much less.

An ol timer did some homework a few years back and found that a large meplat (flat nose) is necessary to make a major wound channel which proves to be much more deadly. Spire points bleed much less.
@shamu I get that. I’ve learned a similar thing. My understanding is that spire points work well for certain applications. So considering that you’re hunting white tails, I was wondering what you intend to hunt with your spire points and Bushbuck.

and leave tiny entry holes, and if they don't upset going through the deer, tiny exit holes from the hide stretching around the bullet. Makes for challenging blood trails. Big flat meplat can punch a bigger hole in the hide.

Nice rifle and great looking projectiles.
This will be my first year hunting deer with my new bushbuck.
Looking forward to season as well. Using the High Arc Hunter .365 grains.
I purchased the carbine as well. What pressure shoots well for you? 265 bar seems to work pretty well.

Good hunting
Doc

I recently purchased a carbine. Have been spending some time getting my arms around it.
Kip Perow has been a god send with advice.
I have settled on a 4000 psi fill with the High Arch 365’s. It is where I get my smallest spread in fps between the first and second shot.
Best thing I have learned is no more than 30 shots without cleaning the barrel. When I first got it I put almost 100 rounds down range before I cleaned the barrel. Don’t do that. Took forever to get the barrel clean again.
I have shot a lot of deer with a bow and some with a PB. This will be my first season with an air gun. Looking forward to it

Reactions: RM.510bigbore