Bushbuck Carbine got bloody this morning

• Thread starter Deleted member 25487
  • Start date
Ok. Fair enough. You do you. No need to get upset about it.

That isnt why I sold my bushbuck btw...

It’s all good brother.. I know your a good guy I talked with you on the phone back when you were selling the Bushbuck. Will edit above post. I should not have said what I said..I was out of line an Apologize

Going out coyote hunting again in the morning. Going to take the Texan .457 Carbine tomorrow.

Yeah man, 1" groups @100 is fantastic. Cant argue with that.

I never got that good but I never practiced with it enough. Also I kept switching between using a bipod and shooting off a bag rest so I never got a good repeatable hold down pat. I wanted a bullpup, with a magazine that's why I sold it. I might've been able to get more for it but I wanted to sell it fast and sometimes I dont mind making someone's day with a good deal.

Here's to many more 1" groups @ 100🍺

Very cool.. for me 1” groups Demands a good solid shooting bench, solid front rest and rear bag.

With the Bushbuck key for me was playing with the PSI level I fill Gun to and I run all my slugs through a Lee sizing die. 4100,4000&3900 were all hunting Acceptable groups but 4050 was the grouping I was after.

With my Texan Carbine I run the 280 Pro Slug. They show up in the Mail at .457 but the Texan I have likes .458” better so I powder coat those bullets and run through sizing die.

The Texan groups these bullets great..here is a 3 shot group from the other day. I just keep playing with PSI fill pressures and bullet O.D’ til something works.

0B2747F1-D129-468C-B4A0-45B5DC029F53.1632714299.jpeg

I only mentioned the .452 thing because that's what the one I had explicitly instructed. Like I said, i didnt know about the carbine and have no idea what diameter barrels they have, and of course manufacturer recommendations arent always the be all end all

My evanix is a .452 or. 454 and when I tried .457s it would shave off little lead crescents from the slugs when fired.

Yea, If tried a few different dia on my new Bushbuck Carbine and it seems that .452 shoot better. I noticed even heavier .454 produce the same FPE as lighter .452s. This tells me that even .454 is tight. Often the tight ones are more accurate, but in this gun's case my 180g .452 slugs are holding tighter groups. I even got two box of NSA 196 (one was .452 and the other .454) and the .452 still seemed more accurate and the .454 was a few fps slower.