Burst pressure of FX power plenum

Generally with anything that is supposed to hold air pressure, whether it's a scuba tank, car tire, even bike tires, their actual maximum burst pressure is far above the stated max pressure that consumers adhere to. I would not be shocked to see a test with an FX Power plenum not bursting until over 200 bar, likely higher. There may be some engineers here that can either corroborate or not. There certainly is some level of safety built into consumers max recommended pressures. 

Not sure why some above think the PP burst pressure is 200 bar. Thats pretty low. These PCP are tested to over 10,000 psi and is expected not to burst. So yeah, 200 bar is really low.

I think the OP is asking what is the PP rated to, not burst pressure. The burst pressure would be the pressure where the PP or air tank burst, and that is nothing anyone want to know or see. That is why company don't list the burst pressure. They usually are like 12k or more to burst these cylinder/tanks. The rated pressure for the PP should be the same as what the gun is rated for. That is 250 bar for the impact. But if your regulated pressure is the same as your bottle, whats the point of having a regulator? People usually set regulated pressure to 100 to 150 bar. But some do set as high as 200 for maximum power.

I could not possibly tell you how many times I have seen this same questing posed on different forums. A simple search of SCBA Tested to failure will give you all the info you could ever need.

Through many such test, the typical cf fire fighter tanks will split, (Not Explode) at 17,000 to 18,000 psi. they will exabit a usually small split and expel the air, but not dangerously. Although one air tank sales outlet says they are dangerous and shows just how they do exploded catastrophely It was a bit of a ruse as it was a 2000 psi fiber glass wrapped tank that they claimed was a full on 4500 psi rated CF Wrapped tank. 

The 3x safe limit is the 3x of max recommended fill. Not the hydro test. So in reality, 13,500 psi. there are NO cases on the books of an SCBA tank exploding. Even in the very brutal world of fire fighting. And our tanks are just about always in much batter shape than theirs. 

Asking the question here is a bit of a flight in phantasy as you will get mostly opinion and speculation masquerading as fact. LOOK IT UP, for yourself. Sometimes going to just a little effort pays dividends.

Knife

Asking the question here is a bit of a flight in phantasy as you will get mostly opinion and speculation masquerading as fact. LOOK IT UP, for yourself. Sometimes going to just a little effort pays dividends.

Knife

Can yo also LOOK IT UP for yourself if you are right? It sounds like you never ask anything because you know them all. I am here to learn from someone who wants to teach like what Ernest is doing. If you have nothing to share to someone who feels he knows nothing about PCP, do not kill our interest by being a bully. 

Everyone, get a popcorn and a cold drink, Hang on...