• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Burris 4.5 - 14 X 42

Been playing with it unmounted for the last couple days trying to decide where it belonged All in all a very nice scope. The last mark on the AO is 50 yds but there is another 3/8" rotation past that mark. Had no problems sighting in on a dock 10-12 yds away Seems bright and is very easy to get behind. Like it al in all. Haven't dialed or mounted yet. Does come with a no questions warranty For $159 + Tax+ Shipping it came $200 Well worth it.

'

How close (yards) does it focus clear at 14x-?

As far as I can remember, it (4.5-14x42) does not focus closely at full mag, but Ike838 is right about the Burris being able to go much farther down its minimum 50 yard parallax.

I was actually surprised when I saw it being demonstrated by one of my airgun buddies in the Philippines.

I eventually bought two in separate dates, the Droptine reticle model, back in 2014-2015 (?).

Friends of mine who were into powderburners relentlessly pursued me to sell it to them, so I sold it to them with a decent mark up, lol!

burris 2.1616988908.jpg

One thing I don't like about the Burris is their somewhat chalky anodizing.

They are very matte.

Btw, the Droptine reticle is too fat for my taste--dunno if they are still available.

This one has a 25 yard to infinity adjustment:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BURRIS-Signature-HD-3-15x44mm-1-Illuminated-E3-MOA-Tall-Knobs-Riflescope-200531/264794901547

You might want to consider the Burris 4.5-14x32 Timberline AO. Perfect for rimfires and airguns. Focuses down to 7 yards. I have had one mounted on a CZ 452-2E American .22LR for many years. Zero problems. Excellent clear optics. Outstanding multicoatings. Can shoot nearly into the sun without flaring out. I have a Hawke Nite-Eye on my BSA Lonestar. The Burris is a much better scope, much smaller and lighter,and the retail prices were similar. Don't let the 32mm objective lens fool you. Burris makes full use of the light gathering capability. Makes a good night scope when you reduce power to 6X. The click adjustment is 1/8" at 100 yards, so it can be dialed in to be a real nail driver if your rifle and ammo is up to the task.