• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Burning itch, the endless possibility of Panthera!

These are just smaller Panthera rifles, well it is the EXACT body as the Panthera. You will more than likely be able to buy the individual parts and make your panthera a pocket blaster if you want. Look at the modularity of the Impact line of rifles.... you think the parts wont be able to be swapped around with the Panthera?

You want a folding stock.... get one for the existing panthera, along with a front bottle and your good to go.
Want the 380mm barrel, get one swap it out.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
FX just posted this video and as expected Panthera has endless possibilities, the itch is getting really bad!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This is just soooooo coooool! Well, to me at least. Think L2 might have a real competitor now(obviously not semiauto)! 🔥🔥🔥
View attachment 355374

........OR a Pathera "PISTOL"? Granted they should have put the 170cc tube in that picture, I tip my hat to anyone can shoot it as a pistol. LOL
View attachment 355381

Sadly only 1 configuration and its preorder on UA site. Price of $1699 is bit steep but seems to be where everyone is landing these days. Hoping the folding version will be cheaper. Plus hope to have the 380mm barrel option instead just the 300mm.
Dam you qball. Did you have to post this? Now I have watched it and I can’t get the damned thing out of my mind,

I don’t need any more airguns. Or guns. Dam,dam dam. I want it! Arrgh…

• Haha
Reactions: gendoc and qball
Seems to me like it would be woefully under-powered for anything but 177 and 22. Even 22 might be cutting it close when factoring in shot count. Probably why they will give the option for dual bottles. Same issues with the Dreamline Compacts. They work in the higher calibers, they just leave much to be desired. I felt like the Panthera platform was intended for speed and power, so not sure why they feel the need to shove it into a compact offering as well. Just too much overlap in their platforms these days.

Reactions: qball
Seems to me like it would be woefully under-powered for anything but 177 and 22. Even 22 might be cutting it close when factoring in shot count. Probably why they will give the option for dual bottles. Same issues with the Dreamline Compacts. They work in the higher calibers, they just leave much to be desired. I felt like the Panthera platform was intended for speed and power, so not sure why they feel the need to shove it into a compact offering as well. Just too much overlap in their platforms these days.

Pathera 500mm in 30 cal is up to 110FPE with slugs which is a whole lotta power! Chop it to 380mm it might still get 80fpe out of it in 30 cal or 50-60fpe in .25. Yes, it’s my speculation but the valve is enormous so I am hopeful. Hope they release number soon!

On a separate note the Dreamline compact with a good tune and a single power plenum has descent amount of power. I got my .25 Dreamline compact to shoot 34 grain heavies at 840FPS and 26 grain exact at 900fps, plenty for most use cases for how little it is. DTC is for pellets and Panthera compact is for slug, that how I look at it anyways. Of course there are overlaps but I love choices!

Reactions: Spartan
Pathera 500mm in 30 cal is up to 110FPE with slugs which is a whole lotta power! Chop it to 380mm it might still get 80fpe out of it in 30 cal or 50-60fpe in .25. Yes, it’s my speculation but the valve is enormous so I am hopeful. Hope they release number soon!

On a separate note the Dreamline compact with a good tune and a single power plenum has descent amount of power. I got my .25 Dreamline compact to shoot 34 grain heavies at 840FPS and 26 grain exact at 900fps, plenty for most use cases for how little it is. DTC is for pellets and Panthera compact is for slug, that how I look at it anyways. Of course there are overlaps but I love choices!
The FX flyer states 40fpe in .22, 70 in .25 and 107 in .30, that’s for this new Panthera Hunter. Based on my previous experiences, I’d drop those down by 5-10% in the real world cause they’re typically ragged edge violent shot cycle and heaviest impractical slug type settings.

The FX flyer states 40fpe in .22, 70 in .25 and 107 in .30, that’s for this new Panthera Hunter. Based on my previous experiences, I’d drop those down by 5-10% in the real world cause they’re typically ragged edge violent shot cycle and heaviest impractical slug type settings.

60fpe in 25 and 90fpe in 30 are still whoppers!!! That’s pretty mind blowing!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChRiSiS and weevil
Yep pretty cool and interested, I had asked about a folding stock option in a FX OP thread, nice to see this. Q I thought you pre ordered a 700 long ago? Is that the new Element Scope? Any ID on it or new info on release? Thanks

I preordered the .22 700mm but was delayed for over 2 months so I lost interest(too many guns) and canceled it. Problem now is which one? I don’t need 2 more guns(or even 1 more) but I’m really liking the 25 cal 600mm and then I saw the folding compact. I honestly don’t have a use for it since my DTC is awesome shooting 11 FPE but it’s so cool so I just want one! 🤣 No idea what I want to do honestly!! Also partly depends on how much my tax return will be.

That scope is their new prism line but I don’t have much info on it. I tried short eye relief scopes twice and both times I couldn’t deal with it.

I preordered the .22 700mm but was delayed for over 2 months so I lost interest(too many guns) and canceled it. Problem now is which one? I don’t need 2 more guns(or even 1 more) but I’m really liking the 25 cal 600mm and then I saw the folding compact. I honestly don’t have a use for it since my DTC is awesome shooting 11 FPE but it’s so cool so I just want one! 🤣 No idea what I want to do honestly!! Also partly depends on how much my tax return will be.

That scope is their new prism line but I don’t have much info on it. I tried short eye relief scopes twice and both times I couldn’t deal with it.

If you're talking about the prism in the CGIs released by FX, that's the 5x30 Pro. 3.3" eye relief.

Thanks for posting that video Chukar. I never would have seen it because I don’t look for airgun videos and I thought that dude was done with the video thing. I watched one of his videos when the original Leshiy was introduced and I trusted what he said. Anyway, I was tempted to get on the waiting list last night but emptied my cart at the last second. Glad I did. This gun is not what I’m looking for out of that platform. But I will say if my gun stable was way thinner, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

Thanks for posting that video Chukar. I never would have seen it because I don’t look for airgun videos and I thought that dude was done with the video thing. I watched one of his videos when the original Leshiy was introduced and I trusted what he said. Anyway, I was tempted to get on the waiting list last night but emptied my cart at the last second. Glad I did. This gun is not what I’m looking for out of that platform. But I will say if my gun stable was way thinner, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.
I have been dancing in the flames over the Panthera for the last month. A couple miscommunications with local shop and they had my 600mm 22 come in but somehow they were saving me a 25, 600 and the 22 got sold. I think they did me a favor because I got to thinking how much I disliked hunting with my Crown MK II 25, 600 and decided to back away. I am a bull pup guy. The Crown was a great gun at the bench and I a sure some will find it to be a great hunter for the way they hunt. I did not.
So now I am toying with an M3 600mm, 25 or buying a 600mm barrel kit for my Maverick. I am leaning toward the barrel kit as it is a cheap way to see if I like the 25 as a slug shooter. If I like it, I will step to the M3.

It is well known by most seasoned tuners and shooters that you want to be tuned to 2-3% from your plateau, Tim (or w/e his name is) may like 1% but ay, to each their own!

His method of tuning is spot on though, for other rifles you can choke the transfer path to achieve the same effect if hammer adjustment isn't an option.
I’ve told several friends and customers (who were too hung up on numbers and stuck on a plateau) to put their chrony away and tune by sound and feel, as Ted explains. An angry hotrod is rarely accurate.