• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Bumped my impact m3 and now it wont zero.

I recently ran into some issues with my element optics helix ffp, i wasnt able to zero it for windage. 
When im trying to adjust windage i can clearly see that its not moving anymore, even though the wheel isnt maxed out and still clicking for adjustments but the cross hair isnt moving at all.

How can i confirm that i have a defective scope?

* i email, element and its been 2 days no reply! 

I'm not familiar with that scope. I've never seen one that would allow turret movement beyond the point of maximum adjustment, but maybe yours is somehow slipping on its mounting surface. If the outer turret knob is held in place on an inner, knurled surface, check any grub screws for tightness. Anyway, if you can see movement of the vertical (windage) cross hair up to a certain point, I suggest two things. First count the clicks from one end of its movement to the other, and see if that matches the range of adjustment mentioned in the manual. Next, somewhere in the mid-range, make an adjustment of a certain amount, say one or two MOA, and see if the change in POI is consistent with the adjustment. 

I'm installing the a 3mm CF shroud. Hopefully the increased tension will help with POI shifts, harmony issues, having the re-zero, etc. 

If I had to guess, I think FX will address this problem on future models.

Welcome to the FX world! Count the parts in the barrel assembly of that rifle, and you shouldn't be surprised that it's a bit fragile.

C'mon that's a little unfair. No gun is flawless. But considering how accurate and adaptable the FX models are, it is clear that most shooters are OK with the fact that the gun is not PERFECT. Each model has gotten increasingly better, I am sure this is an issue that will get resolved at some point.

I'm installing the a 3mm CF shroud. Hopefully the increased tension will help with POI shifts, harmony issues, having the re-zero, etc. 

If I had to guess, I think FX will address this problem on future models.

Welcome to the FX world! Count the parts in the barrel assembly of that rifle, and you shouldn't be surprised that it's a bit fragile.

C'mon that's a little unfair. No gun is flawless. But considering how accurate and adaptable the FX models are, it is clear that most shooters are OK with the fact that the gun is not PERFECT. Each model has gotten increasingly better, I am sure this is an issue that will get resolved at some point.

The current FX rifles (since the Royale/Boss platform) are great for those of us who like to tinker, in fact, that's the central marketing theme. And, maybe some day the design will evolve to the point of reliability equal to the simpler, more robust designs. Until that time, it is not a design I would choose for field use. So, I don't believe my experience and observations are unfair, but neither does it mean that these may not be totally suitable rifles for your use, depending on what that involves.