• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bummer. Found the one but no longer produced.

My BRK Pathfinder in .22 was getting an inch and a quarter groups with Nielsen 17.5 grain slugs at 40 yards and I thought that was the best it could do. All the other slugs that I had available to me had groups worst than that. ( groups shot with red dot)
And then...forgotten in a corner I found a lonely zip lock bag with a small sample of 16 grain AVS polycore slugs. Tried those and put 5 slugs in a rugged hole. And then.again. And again. My last few slugs I put over a chrony and they turned a very respectable 24.5 FPE.
And then the disappointment...AVS no longer produces those slugs. If anyone out there is reading this and happens to have a stash of them please reach out.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
  • Wow
  • Wow
Possibly these?

Well, that's a bummer...

It's a pity that there's not something like the 'Dealer Parts Network' that Honda has for their motorcycles for pellets. All Honda dealers have inventory lists so that out of production parts can be made available to the riders that need them.

Have you thought of emailing the shops online to see if they have any in stock? Perhaps a thread 'in search of' here will turn some up.

Luck,

J~

I would just say (I’m going through this now ) why slugs at 40? I mean really in my opinion the gains are minimal and slugs are so finicky. I’ve been through this with my Maverick compact. The tune is so finicky with Nielsen 26 gr that 1/2 to 1/4 turn in internal HS makes a big group difference but pellets at 50 are still better by far even up too 945 fps. I stay within 70-100 so I think I’m done with the slug fad. Pellets are so easy. Just find your speed and shoot pretty much.

I’ve had good luck with the 17.5gr NSA slugs in almost everything, they seem like a good light go to for most lower/Moderately powered guns.. I had ordered so many at one point I prob have maybe close to 1000 I could get rid of if anyone needs them.. or trade for Predator Polymag shorts in .22

IMG_0052.jpeg