• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Bullysyclone Wylie Kanz moderators... throw everything else in the trash.

the photos in this thread and the comments by the OWNERS of these moderators got me to call the maker in Loveland.
Yes I ordered one, could be a couple of more in the future, if I am impressed enough to shelf Tatsu, and Sumo or sell them. And there are my 2 Weihrauch guns with long factory mods. I really don't care for the long ones, but they are more effective with added length. I shall compare and decide if the extra expense is worth it. Used donnys and weihrauch mods sell quick and easy in the classifieds here, if I chose to go that route. I will see for my self.
Stubbers , you could drive up if you were interested. If I lived that close I would request a shop visit.

thanks all for your input

Last edited:
Heres one on a prophet

IMG_6014a.jpeg

I might be interested in one of these. The workmanship looks amazing. If Bullysyclone could speak to a couple of points:
1. Any noticeable change or enhancement in accuracy noticed? Some people I've spoken to seem to feel a good moderator can improve accuracy/ precision.
2. What would a 22 cal., 1/2" UNF model weigh?
I considered asking Bullysyclone directly but then this thread and AGN wouldn't get the benefit of the answers. That and maybe it would reduce his workload answering multiple individuals asking the same questions.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Science states that a change in DB by the count of 10 from a given number is 10 times louder, this IS SCIENCE, this IS FACT. This is a way of counting or measuring something that increases rapidly, or exponentially. So every increase of 10 dB on the decibel scale is equal to a 10-fold increase in sound pressure level (SPL) which is what Db measures). Near silence is 0 dB but a sound measured at 10 dB is actually 10 times louder, If a sound is 20 dB, that's 100 times louder than near silence.

Now onto the happy portion

I really actually truly appreciate all of you haters and naysayers @HogKiller , @Revoman , @Stubbers because youve forced myself to become more educated on something I had zero intention of becoming more educated on. I urge you all to do exactly the same!
Loudness is measured on a logarithmic scale. This means that an increase of 10 decibels (dB) represents a 10-fold increase in sound intensity and a doubling of the perceived loudness.

the photos in this thread and the comments by the OWNERS of these moderators got me to call the maker in Loveland.
Yes I ordered one, could be a couple of more in the future, if I am impressed enough to shelf Tatsu, and Sumo or sell them. And there are my 2 Weihrauch guns with long factory mods. I really don't care for the long ones, but they are more effective with added length. I shall compare and decide if the extra expense is worth it. Used donnys and weihrauch mods sell quick and easy in the classifieds here, if I chose to go that route. I will see for my self.
Stubbers , you could drive up if you were interested. If I lived that close I would request a shop visit.

thanks all for your input
Did you get yours yet? Whats your thoughts on it? I was thinking of trying one since the carbon fiber matches my barrels.

heres a quick picture of one that was built for me. came with a carbon fiber shroud. im planing on during a review of it this weekend with my one day off. it will be a comparison of the stock moderator and a the sumo. as ctairgunner said the craftsmanship is top notch.

View attachment 362293
How have you liked it so far? I ready through all 6 pages and didn't happen to see your review. My apologies if I missed it.

I don't have a meter but I went to John's shop and can tell you this thing is quite. He had one a FX impact compact (which is what I have) and took it outside and fired it. I don't have the db rating but it was way quieter than mine with the fx moderator. You can tell is work is top notch. I bought one and am having him build me a barrel as we speak

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticalDragon
I don't have a meter but I went to John's shop and can tell you this thing is quite. He had one a FX impact compact (which is what I have) and took it outside and fired it. I don't the the db rating but it was way quieter than mine with the fx moderator. You can tell is work is top notch. I bought one and am having him build me a barrel as we speak
Very nice. I'm hoping mine comes in the next week or two to check out.

10X quieter? I have a handful of [insert various brands here] mods that ever so slightly reduce the noise relative to the stock FX mod. If this one has a very noticeable drop in dB vs those mod then, ya, I can believe it.

"Throw everything else in the trash"? I'm still wondering how this got a few people are bent out of shape. It's just a figure of speech. I'll be selling my other mods when I get my hands one two of these,