• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullysyclone Wylie Kanz moderators... throw everything else in the trash.

I had the pleasure to test out one of these "Wylie Kanz" moderators designed, machined, and built by one of our very own.. @Bullysyclone

The moderators are named after his Basenji (or barkless dog as they're called (how fitting right?) .... Wylie

When I first got the moderator , I wanted to post something but I had not used it yet but that's the impression it hit me with right off the bat, the I've got to tell and show everyone impression!

The craftsmanship, tolerances, colors, and materials are all top notch. 👌

It's machined I believe he said .003 over .22, not like the off the boat Chinese moderators which are typically the next caliber up. The other thing is, they're chambered, his own design, probably could touch on that more himself if you were to ask that way I don't butcher it up.

I would have thought the box was empty had I not purchased some evol tools off John as well, this can is LIGHT! AND YES, that is real carbon fiber, no fake wrap nonsense.

Today I finally tested it.

I brought down my hps which is humming redesigns at 50 fpe , I brought down my hps factory can which is hollow, the Minis can which is baffled and then the Wylie Kanz moderator.

It is easily 10 times quieter (EDITED FOR THE ABSOLUTE FOLK, I cannot actually quantify/scale the improvement as the decibel meter app I have been using has been wonky) than the factory hps can and substantially more quiet than the mini!!! It's also shorter than both! It simply turned a 50 fpe .22 into a whisper. (Science states that a change in DB by the count of 10 from a given number is 10 times louder, this IS SCIENCE, this IS FACT. This is a way of counting or measuring something that increases rapidly, or exponentially. So every increase of 10 dB on the decibel scale is equal to a 10-fold increase in sound pressure level (SPL) which is what Db measures). Near silence is 0 dB but a sound measured at 10 dB is actually 10 times louder, If a sound is 20 dB, that's 100 times louder than near silence.)

If anyone is looking for a top notch moderator this is the one to buy, all my rifles will be getting one and thats fact.... oh did I mention the threads?! Good lord I could sit and just thread this thing off and on its adapter all day, you can tell that care is taken in machining when these things are made, it's clear as day.

The ones he will be producing are aluminum and carbon fiber, I've attached some pics at the end.

EDIT: FOR THR RECORD, My 110c 0db made my evol mini louder than it was using the factory moderator.

20230604_173655.jpg

20230604_173704.jpg

20230604_173714.jpg

20230604_173810.jpg

20230604_173824.jpg

20230602_170115.jpg

image000000(1).jpg

image000000(5).jpg

Last edited:
I had the pleasure to test out one of these "Wylie Kanz" moderators designed, machined, and built by one of our very own.. @Bullysyclone

The moderators are named after his Basenji (or barkless dog as they're called (how fitting right?) .... Wylie

When I first got the moderator , I wanted to post something but I had not used it yet but that's the impression it hit me with right off the bat, the I've got to tell and show everyone impression!

The craftsmanship, tolerances, colors, and materials are all top notch. 👌

It's machined I believe he said .003 over .22, not like the off the boat Chinese moderators which are typically the next caliber up. The other thing is, they're chambered, his own design, probably could touch on that more himself if you were to ask that way I don't butcher it up.

I would have thought the box was empty had I not purchased some evol tools off John as well, this can is LIGHT! AND YES, that is real carbon fiber, no fake wrap nonsense.

Today I finally tested it.

I brought down my hps which is humming redesigns at 50 fpe , I brought down my hps factory can which is hollow, the Minis can which is baffled and then the Wylie Kanz moderator.

It is easily 10 times quieter than the factory hps can and substantially more quiet than the mini!!! It's also shorter than both! It simply turned a 50 fpe .22 into a whisper.

If anyone is looking for a top notch moderator this is the one to buy, all my rifles will be getting one and thats fact.... oh did I mention the threads?! Good lord I could sit and just thread this thing off and on its adapter all day, you can tell that care is taken in machining when these things are made, it's clear as day.

The ones he will be producing are aluminum and carbon fiber, I've attached some pics at the end.

View attachment 362017

View attachment 362018

View attachment 362020

View attachment 362021

View attachment 362022

View attachment 362023

View attachment 362024

View attachment 362026
what is an hps ?

Reactions: lbc_PSI
Um..."TEN"...times quieter (as noted above) would make it about silent ! That's a huge number when talking sound .
I also have a 0dB (the B should be a capital letter) 110, that resides on my Brocock XR. It's pretty quiet. I haven't tried it on my EVOL .22 .

But yeah, I also have one of Wylie's mitigators. I tried it on my Brocock XR, AP16, and one of my Caimans.
It did it job nicely on all three guns, but its current resting place is one of my AP16's.
It's not a huge change over a Huma Mod 40 as mounted, two segment, but, it is quieter, smaller (dia. and length) and lighter.
My experiment went from the Huma Mod 40 to the Wylie, indoors, low ambient sound.

And yes, very well made, light weight, no clipping on any of the three guns that I tried it on. And visually nicely done also.

Mike

Um..."TEN"...times quieter (as noted above) would make it about silent ! That's a huge number when talking sound .

The hps factory moderator is a hollow can. The hps at 50 fpe IS LOUD, not airgun loud, just LOUD! Think your caiman without a suppressor. I owned a caiman, was like a 22lr.

So yes, my thoughts are calibrated and so aren't my guesses, 10 times. Really it was just excitement, you know that excitement you get when something just WORKS!

😀 enjoy your night.

Last edited:
It's not a huge change over a Huma Mod 40 as mounted, two segment, but, it is quieter, smaller (dia. and length) and lighter.

This says it all, this would be indicative of well designed. A smaller and lighter can (less material to take of any resonation) but quieter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullysyclone
Look nice but, show me the numbers, I've got a .25 Maverick that needs a bit more on the quiet sided.
Donate a decibel meter to me and I will. Fact is, it took my hps from not backyard friendly for most peoples back yards to very backyard friendly for everyones. Shooting mrd at 955 fps.

I don't believe donny fl, 0db, or even huggett provide any actual numbers ... what made you buy theirs? :)

Donate a decibel meter to me and I will. Fact is, it took my hps from not backyard friendly for most peoples back yards to very backyard friendly for everyones. Shooting mrd at 955 fps.

I don't believe donny fl, 0db, or even huggett provide any actual numbers ... what made you buy theirs? :)
Even a lousy iPhone has an app, I bought a cheapie off of Amazon that works well. Mfg's aren't going to give a number because they can get their butts handed to them, all guns are different. I've posted comparisons of 4 different mods with numbers, it's not all that hard to do. As for why did I buy some, because I made the mistake of listening to some people that said they worked, without some actual numbers, I've got one that made my gun louder, not the desired effect.

Reactions: MysticalDragon