• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullying going on in the Classifieds section

My motto, it never hurts to ask, all they can say is no! But, no does mean no, so I see no reason to continue the conversation after a request is denied. It does seem childish to continue to badger a seller if the negotiations have been terminated. Move on and wait for the next offer to pop up! Sooner or later you may find the person who is willing to accept your offer...

I know what you mean Augie, I've had a few things for sell in the past and was offered prices way lower that what I knew the item would sell for and had no intentions of "giving" it away. I've even had the potential buyer (one) get rude and swore off every offering again. No loss on my part.. 

Jking

Ha ha, as if his green paper is worth more than anyone else’s. It’s like telling a car dealer if they don’t sell the car to me for what I want I’m taking my business elsewhere, like they give a chit.

My motto, it never hurts to ask, all they can say is no! But, no does mean no, so I see no reason to continue the conversation after a request is denied. It does seem childish to continue to badger a seller if the negotiations have been terminated. Move on and wait for the next offer to pop up! Sooner or later you may find the person who is willing to accept your offer...

Exactly! 

Feelings aside, this is really about supply and demand. If someone feels there is demand for a used product asking close to full price it is their prerogative whether to price near retail or not. You definitely limit your audience when you price too high and are not even open to discussion on price. But, for a buyer to berate or pressure a seller for a lower price isn't good etiquette either.

I'd use the example of the waiter at the restaurant. If you berate the waiter and treat him/her like poo you can expect a big spitball buried somewhere in your dinner. Same thing here - if you treat a seller poorly and force them to a lower price than they wanted to sell, don't be surprised if it isn't packed well, is shipped with the cheapest option, etc. 

A relationship between buyer and seller may be short lived but it needs to be a healthy one built on respect and trust. If you can't do that then you really shouldn't be visiting the Classifieds section.

As an aside - my pet peeve isn't the prices people ask. Rather I judge a seller initially on the quality of their ad. If someone is selling a gun for $1000+ and only posts a one liner with no pictures I have zero confidence to proceed with an offer. If you're too rushed or lazy to write up a decent ad with a few pictures that reflects directly on the sellers personality and makes me feel they also rush through maintenance and airgun work.

I pity anyone trying to sell a gun right now with all the "Maverick" frenzy going on. I'm not a betting man, but me thinks a mk11 impact with power plenum and all will be selling for under 1500$ in less that 2 months. With free shipping. 

Poor fellow who just paid 2100$ for it...
1f615.svg

I made mention of that in an earlier tread specifically on the maverick. Those were my predictions, also. I feel the wildcat MK3 probably won’t be able to retain a higher resale value because of the maverick, either. 

Well, great news for some wanting to get into an impact platform, and personally, I’m glad the Maverick is out. I have plans on getting one probably within 4 months if I’m lucky.

I had to ponder this. I rarely offer less unless.........

The price asked is to high, as mentioned above. Or the item don't sell (related to first reason) In that case I will PM the seller and ask that they circle back to me if it don't sell. But to bully or harass should be a bootable offense with the members name advertised as such.

There are members in here that go COMPLETELY out of their way to help fellow members that have been taken advantage of, ripped off, and harassed. I am proud to know a couple of them.

Dennis

A deal is made with two parties dealing. That has interaction. If someone is bullying then report that person to the admin. I’ve bought & sold here. I’ve been reasoned with and I’ve listened. Told that my gun isn’t worth what I’m asking. Ok. I made the decision to lower the price based on declining value only to see the same buyer selling it a year later for what he paid me for it. Eh. I made a decision to take a loss and he didn’t. We were polite in our negotiations. If that is ever not the case, tell them to take a hike & move on. 

Bigragu if he is a tin knocker its ok but and electrician or a turd chaser naaaa . Gotta remember dealing with the public is never easy i have sold a few things and never had any issues but its like buying a new car once you take it off the lot its value decreases but you as a seller has to weigh how much you wanna loose.
Beeing a retired electrician with a water and waste water license, I resent that. Lol 🎯

This post is OLD lol Dec 5, 2020 = The ironic funny part is that just a few days ago this very subject was mentioned in a hall of shame/fame thread and then here a new freshly joined 2 days ago account pulls it up from history for all to see lol. The increase in female names is quit odd and pretty unique to the airgun forums but is often picked bye scammers to gain sway when dealing with a mostly male crowd. I also sometimes ponder if this will be a new fad since the AI thing has blown up and is current unregulated like is this something from the chat gpt or what haha . I just find it odd as I look over my shoulder to check my six haha. :oops:
o_O:coffee::unsure:
ai lol or scam.PNG

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. So you offered a lower price than asking and they got their panties in a wad? Am I understanding that right? If so I would put them on ignore and move on. To the second poster WTF is a tin knocker and a turd chaser? Lmao…I’m usually front a center on the childish slander and humor but a little stumped. I guess the turd chaser is a gay guy ?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So, you see an item you’d like to have, (like me and everyone on this site). The classifieds is the go to place for deals, right? So I see this item that costs $10 or $15 less than new, tried out but seller didn’t like it. Or it was an item mistakenly bought. It happens.

should I try offering a lower price to the seller? Sure, why not. If the seller is fixed on his original asking price, I politely say thank you and either go outright and buy new or just wait for another one to go on sale. No biggie. Me, personally the worse I ever did on trying to sell something was tell a person that in the end they’d be paying more if they bought parts separately than buy all of mine in kit form. No biggie.

Well, apparently for a certain individual it comes down to harassing and out right bullying the seller into giving it to him/her at the price THEY want to pay. Oh, and they turn the other cheek when the seller says “I’m gonna take a big loss with the shipping...” oh no, that person doesn’t want to hear that. He/she just wants things their way. And at the end of it all, there’s name calling, just basically harassing the seller

if I had it my way, the hammer comes down now. No more AGN for you!

No names, no items being named, just a series of events I’ve “witnessed”. Funny thing is, it isn’t the first I’ve heard of the harassment coming from this person.

If this goes on, and more complain, like everything else good, it may get taken away. The classifieds section is a great section, and it should be a friendly place.
It seems like nobody wants to deal or haggle over prices and some people find it insulting to get offers sometimes id low-ball just to see if there willing to deal at all but no response if I'm selling I try to price it well but sometimes Idk the worth so I expect offers for less worst I would say is no others don't even respond back but name calling and try to bully someone into a price is Bs I expect to take a hit on prices because if it doesn't come from a dealer it's used no two ways about it like new in box isn't new.