• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullpup Suggestions

Hi everyone, I researched a whole bunch before ordering my first Airgun and decided to order a diana skyhawk in .22

It checked absolutely every box for me: sidelever, lightweight, wood stock, compact, price(got a good deal).

Well the vendor sent a .177 and doesn't have any .22's and they are discontinued.

Now I feel like I am at square 1 again. Looking for suggestions for a sub $600 bullpup.

Compact is more important than weight, sidelever is more important than bolt.

Should I just order a P15 from KRALE or just get a PB?

Thanks

DOES THAT 177 SHOOT ANY ACCURATE? Yo!

No idea, I ordered a .22 and 2 tins of jumbo heavy .22's with it. I never got to shoot it. It also has cotton sticking out the shroud vents. so much for "refurbished"😔

I was pretty set on a PB before I found the skyhawk. The small OAL of it was really appealing and I liked the wealth of modification info.

Now to find a walnut PB. I guess.

As they should. Diana may have finally learned that people buy a “German” gun because they want quality. Not a $600 project. Hope you find a gun that you can enjoy right out of the box. Give your topic a day or two. Guys will steer you right. Always look for a gun that, if you decide to modify it, you are only doing it because you want to. The Skyhawk, 8 out of 10 times it’s because you have to. That’s not a good gun. That’s a scam.

As they should. Diana may have finally learned that people buy a “German” gun because they want quality. Not a $600 project. Hope you find a gun that you can enjoy right out of the box. Give your topic a day or two. Guys will steer you right. Always look for a gun that, if you decide to modify it, you are only doing it because you want to. The Skyhawk, 8 out of 10 times it’s because you have to. That’s not a good gun. That’s a scam.

WELL SAID! Yo!

It's too bad about these guns. These really are nice guns EXCEPT for the barrels. These SPA barrels tend to be garbage. I've had two 177cal and two 22cal Skyhawks and not one of them had a good barrel. (I kept one of each caliber and put different barrels in them. They are both great guns now.) If Diana put their barrels into these guns and kept the same price point, I think they would be a hit.

It's too bad about these guns. These really are nice guns EXCEPT for the barrels. These SPA barrels tend to be garbage. I've had two 177cal and two 22cal Skyhawks and not one of them had a good barrel. (I kept one of each caliber and put different barrels in them. They are both great guns now.) If Diana put their barrels into these guns and kept the same price point, I think they would be a hit.

I agree. The platform is literally everything I want in an air rifle and is unique. The other offerings in the price point aren’t as small, aren’t as light, are not a side lever, aren’t a wood stock, aren’t regulated, etc... next closest offering is +$1000 and a lot of us can’t afford/or don’t want to afford that.

really, the only improvement I could see would be to have the cocking action more forward on the rifle, which a lot of people have created, but make it more streamlined and integral to the system, not an outside linkage.

I have a .25 P15 from Krale. I too lost the barrel lottery. I had Lee at Lee Air Pro put a L/W polygonal barrel on it, and added a Huma reg, and an Airfective Tuning shroud and moderator and a couple Darko Dellorco magazines. It is now laser accurate, hard hitting and whisper quiet. For me, weight was a huge factor, otherwise for the finished price, I would have gotten a Taipan Veteran. I've killed 7 squirrels in the last 2 weeks with the P15. If I did not love the form factor/weight I would not have gone through the trouble. At least if you know what you might be in for, you can decide if it's right for you. Last I checked, Krale had no stock on any of the 3 calibers of P15. You should have a better CHANCE of getting a good barrel in .177 or .22. If the barrels on these guns was good, they'd be a no-brainer at $454 ($500 or so with shipping). In case you are not aware, you will have to provide a copy of your ID to Krale before they ship to you-no big deal, but if in stock the gun will arrive at your door quicker than any US dealer I have seen.

I am not trying to pick a fight with cmatera or Green Yamo and I don’t want come across as a SPA hater. I am not. I have 7 SPA products. I always pay close attention to the OP’s question. If you read it and don’t glance over it, he says he is looking for his “first” airgun. Having to source out someone to rebarrel you first brand new $500-700 Airgun is not recommended. I could post how great mine is and what’s in mine that nobody else has even thought of but a newby really doesn’t want to go down this road. Yet. 

I am not trying to pick a fight with cmatera or Green Yamo and I don’t want come across as a SPA hater. I am not. I have 7 SPA products. I always pay close attention to the OP’s question. If you read it and don’t glance over it, he says he is looking for his “first” airgun. Having to source out someone to rebarrel you first brand new $500-700 Airgun is not recommended. I could post how great mine is and what’s in mine that nobody else has even thought of but a newby really doesn’t want to go down this road. Yet.

You make a very good point. These are most certainly tinkerer guns, unless you luck out and get a good one from the start (VERY UNLIKELY!). Although with the youtube videos available, these are easy guns to disassemble and work on.

I have a mill and a lathe. I’ve built powder rifles from the ground up. Including headspacing a barrel. The P15 didn’t scare me from the things I’ve read. I also don’t expect huge accuracy at high yards from a pellet gun, let alone a short Bullpup. I plan on using a red dot not a scope. 

I have a .25 P15 from Krale. I too lost the barrel lottery. I had Lee at Lee Air Pro put a L/W polygonal barrel on it, and added a Huma reg, and an Airfective Tuning shroud and moderator and a couple Darko Dellorco magazines. It is now laser accurate, hard hitting and whisper quiet. For me, weight was a huge factor, otherwise for the finished price, I would have gotten a Taipan Veteran. I've killed 7 squirrels in the last 2 weeks with the P15. If I did not love the form factor/weight I would not have gone through the trouble. At least if you know what you might be in for, you can decide if it's right for you. Last I checked, Krale had no stock on any of the 3 calibers of P15. You should have a better CHANCE of getting a good barrel in .177 or .22. If the barrels on these guns was good, they'd be a no-brainer at $454 ($500 or so with shipping). In case you are not aware, you will have to provide a copy of your ID to Krale before they ship to you-no big deal, but if in stock the gun will arrive at your door quicker than any US dealer I have seen.

I’m in the US and wasn’t sure if there’s extra import charges other than shipping that Krale charges. I chose the skyhawk because it was refurbished, and my first order I had 19% off with PA so it was less than $100 more than the P15 with a nicer stock. Now I’m SOL since they sent the wrong one. Whoever got my .22 I hope it shoots terrible for you! Lol

Absolutely no offense taken by me. The more opinions an OP gets, the better he/she can understand what his/her needs are, what they can expect, and what it will take to get there.