• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullpup recommendations below $600

OK. So far my research led me off to another forum where lots of folks complained about the non-communication with Troy at the beginning of the year, to the point that some were waiting months on products they had paid for. I can't find anything recent and I have been on the Annihilator website but it offers very little on the details of what all the mods and upgrades actually entail. If some of you have these done and can you shed some extra light on the mods, that would be awesome. Also I see he sell the .22 synthetic version with all the goodies installed 150 over my budget, but again, it's hard to gauge what I would get as the items are only referenced by name and without any specific blurb on their actual function.

Another vote for the Kral Puncher Breaker. I've had mine in .22 going on 3 yrs. No Problems.

I would put it up against similar rifles costing more than Twice as much! Mine is home tuned and Lane regulated. 60 Very accurate shots at 32+ fpe.
1574010504_9174392515dd17e8851e336.42956578_20191107_111939_HDR.jpg

Mike

Nice looking gun Scott!! Mine looks similar with an aftermarket suppressor. It averages about 890 to 900 fps with the 18 gr jsb. Half inch groups or less at 50 yards and 1 inch at 100. I have really enjoyed it and modifying it myself. Fit and finish are what they are but shooting wise I will agree with you. I had considered a regulator but decided on polishing and enlarging the ports plus some machined valve work.

Mike, TNT, I have a shop at work I can use to do some mods there. I can even make parts if needed out of several different types of SS, Alu, Brass, plastics, Peek, PVC, Teflon, etc. - lol, it's been a few years I touched a lathe or mill, but what you learn you never forget, just need a little practice once in a while and it all comes back.

Is there any info out there on what size to increase the port to or how to improve the hammer - I see notes about the original being soft?

I'd much rather spend 430 on the synthetic version and do lots of these upgrades myself to keep with the budget.

1574095027_10072142035dd2c8b339fb57.33563582_20191114_114001.jpg

Here's my .22, had it for just about 3 years, it has thousands of pellets through it, being it shoots the Crosman 14.3's so well, but pellet of choice has been polymags and now Hades.

Many of the complaints from this gun come from those that were expecting $1500 performance out of a $500 gun.

I know Travis at JSAR is very busy these days with their Raptor's, but if you call him and ask he'll tell you all you need to do to make the gun perform, as his tune on these guns is pretty darn good.

After I get home to the computer, I'll see if I can dig up his posts, sharing what he was doing to them.

I am a big fan of the PB. Yes, early models had some issues with metal compounds. I got almost 2000 rounds down before I had problems. A new valve from PA is almost 7.00$. Mine came at about 32fpe, and now it is running about 42 average over 45 shots. I have mine on a steady diet of 28.5g done pellets. At my 40 yard shot at home, it is pellet on pellet. I have shot a few Hades, and they are doing real well too. I have not hunted with the Hades yet.

The CPHP from Walmart are just a bit too light. Those are transonic and a bit too wild for me to be comfortable shooting. I can shoot them at lowered power setting, but prefer not to.

If you get a Kral PB, do yourself a solid and get good glass. I just put a Discovery 5-25 HD 30mm tube on it. And that is shooting bliss! I do have a decent FFP scope I could sell you if the budget can't spend another 300.00 right now. With the quiet kit from Annihilator airguns, the Kral is about as quiet as my Mrod. 

Guys,

I love my FX Crown Cont. but would like to follow up my second PCP purchase to be something much shorter with still decent accuracy and power in the 32+ft/lb range in .22. The one gun I am eyeballing so for is the Hatsan Flashpup or perhaps the BullBoss (seems a bit on the heavy side). Another aspect is the overall reliability. The Karl Puncher seems to have issues so I kinda crossed that one off the list.

Any other contenders out there or concerns, recommendations on what I mentioned above?

As far as accuracy goes I was hoping to get in the 1-2 MOA range at 100 yards. My crown can do that easily, but then again for 2100 it better.

Scope and rings are not a concern, I am already covered there so no additional cost. Maybe a regulator if the gun isn't already regulated (Huma or Lane would be preferred).

mine does 1moa with ease. this is 50 yd with crossman 14.3 or jsb 14.3
1574254957_9191122385dd5396da9af71.76270168_20191116_161411.jpg
1574255084_8820615175dd539ec482c37.22544396_20190216_142208.jpg