• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullpup recommendations below $600

Guys,

I love my FX Crown Cont. but would like to follow up my second PCP purchase to be something much shorter with still decent accuracy and power in the 32+ft/lb range in .22. The one gun I am eyeballing so for is the Hatsan Flashpup or perhaps the BullBoss (seems a bit on the heavy side). Another aspect is the overall reliability. The Karl Puncher seems to have issues so I kinda crossed that one off the list.

Any other contenders out there or concerns, recommendations on what I mentioned above?

As far as accuracy goes I was hoping to get in the 1-2 MOA range at 100 yards. My crown can do that easily, but then again for 2100 it better.

Scope and rings are not a concern, I am already covered there so no additional cost. Maybe a regulator if the gun isn't already regulated (Huma or Lane would be preferred).

@Swissarmyknife I have a first generation kral puncher breaker synthetic in 22 cal, and have had zero issues with it. It's been 3 years and the only thing I changed was the cocking lever. Troy hammer from annihilator airguns has them. I did modify it a bit to get it to 30 ft lbs by enlarging the ports, polishing them, and I modified the valve. Still get 60 solid shots on a fill, and it is accurate out to 100 yards.

Another vote for the Kral Puncher Breaker. I've had mine in .22 going on 3 yrs. No Problems.

I would put it up against similar rifles costing more than Twice as much! Mine is home tuned and Lane regulated. 60 Very accurate shots at 32+ fpe.
1574010504_9174392515dd17e8851e336.42956578_20191107_111939_HDR.jpg

Mike

Nice looking gun Scott!! Mine looks similar with an aftermarket suppressor. It averages about 890 to 900 fps with the 18 gr jsb. Half inch groups or less at 50 yards and 1 inch at 100. I have really enjoyed it and modifying it myself. Fit and finish are what they are but shooting wise I will agree with you. I had considered a regulator but decided on polishing and enlarging the ports plus some machined valve work.

@Wyshadow those that tune do get paid for the work and usually the gun is spot on. I enjoy working on my guns, but will say this...if you do not have a background in some form of engineering or mechanical engineering you put yourself at risk when altering a precharged pneumatic airgun. Troy hammer's guns are sick, and other people like Hajimoto have some amazing informational videos but once again you do what they show at your own risk. I have had people ask me to assist but I do not want the liability risk factor involved.