• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullpup .25 Best option

$1100 is a good budget for some very nice BPs in the used market. Many are in like new condition. I suggest looking at these

FX Wildcat Mk1 - probably the best value. Very well supported by FX and aftermarket. Shorter and lighter than Mk II & III Very good power and accuracy - reasonably quiet.

Vulcan - most compact (on this list). Very high quality smooth action. Shorter barrel so lower power. Very accurate. Common to add moderator which negates length advantage. Well supported by AGT. 

Cricket - Consistent top performer for power and accuracy, Quietest without moderator. Heavier than many quality BPs - skeleton stock saves a pound.

I have all three of these and it would be hard to choose a hands down winner.

empirex.1608757260.png

I would upgrade to a 580cc CF tank with an in tube regulator and 40-50 60fpe shots should be easy obtained with a good tune. I shoot accurately beyond 100 yards with Kral barrels all the time. Gun, bottle and reg upgrade should still keep you under $1000

That's look fine, but it's too heavy ,

The weight that loose when swap the aluminum cylinder by carbon fiber , it returned when you add the reg.

It looks much heavier on the pictures than it is in reality. It also looks bigger. I find it to be a nicely balanced gun, easy to shoulder. Frankly would not want to swap the alu cylinder. Nor does it need a reg, mine has a 50 flat shot string. All it could use is a mild tune, a few coats of oil, and swapping the shroud for a silencer.

IMG_3490.1608797770.jpg

Could you please share a string?

Looks fine, it's similar to benjamin kratos but a bullpup version

I don't keep shot strings unfortunately, I simply tune my guns for medium to long range accuracy (and adequate shot count without caring whether that's 40 or 50...) This one (in .22) achieves around 270m/s with the JSB Jumbos from 190 bar on down. I tuned it relatively hot to shoot KO slugs, which this barrel does well.

Got it in the Czech Republic, much better prices than Krale. The Czech Republic has power restrictions, so I opened up all stock ports to 4.5mm (valve outlet was 4mm, breech and barrel each 3.7mm). I did not touch the valve inlet of 2mm. Krale may have different specs because the NL does not have the same power restrictions.

This gun has a peculiarity -- the bottle feeds into the cylinder, and there is a port / choke point between them. The shot curve to drop from 270m/sec to a new flattish 250m/sec curve when the bottle is empty. I had been thinking of installing a paintball reg on the bottle to use the cylinder as a giant plenum, but have not done so because I am happy with the accuracy and high shot count. But if you want to tune for maximum consistency and shot count instead, you probably need to open up the valve inlet and place an in-line reg there. 

🐦