• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullpup .25 Best option

Fx wildcat is a winner all day I have a gen 1 in 25 cal and its awesome also have a Taipan vet in 22 seems to be the popular choice as of late. Check out tony at Tallon tunes hes got a great selection and of course there's the new Caiman interesting bullpup I'm waiting on a few more reviews before and if I pull the trigger good luck HYNZIE 4s

Kalibrgun Cricket .

I have owned several .25 cal guns from various manufacturers , i just recently received my Cricket II and i have to say this is hands down the best i have ever owned in that caliber.

I have roughly 3K rounds through it in the short time i have owned it, i will be doing a detailed review on it relatively soon .

The gun checks all the boxes you require but is a little on the porky side with the scope , mounts, Sumo and bipod , a tick over 11.lbs. ...with out Sumo and bipod it comes in a haii under 10 lbs . 

That weight is manageable due to the balance of the gun and in the field as hunter you would remove the bipod and sumo anyway.,

** Edit ** I just saw your budget of 1100.00 , you can pick up a used Cricket for that budget, i just did it 2 days ago on one, with extras , from Dr. Mike for a good friend of mine

SAM_0858 2.1608741237.JPG

That cricket is beautiful, and excellent gun, but the price for a new one is out the budget.

A friend is offering me a zbroia sapsan in .25, I like the design, but the trigger is too bad and appears that the adjustment doesn't works as should be, also the internal parts looks too complicated to do a maintenance, or repair a leak.

Does anyone have one, that could share his experience?

With those restrictions and power / shot count demands , plus weight limits. well ,here are the issues

FX Impact - cost , likely over $1500 used

RTI prophet - Cost

FX wildcat - can reach the power , but will sacrifice shot count or keep the shot count but power yield is about 43 FPE

Uragan compact - cost

Vulcan - weight / cost

taipan - used could be your answer , but weight may be over your limit

cricket - also could be your answer , weight might be issue. 

daystate renegade- cost

I have a SPA p12 in .22, I tuned it, I add a regulator, re-crowned the barrel, published the hammer, trigger, etc 

Now it's making 1/2 inch groups at 55 meters, it could shoot jsb 18 at 990fps

I just bought an fx smooth twist barrel in .25, y was thinking in converted to .25 but will be a single shot, and since the breech need to be modified it couldn't be returned to .22

That's why I am looking for a new BP 

He just bought it, it's used, appears new, but he doesn't like the trigger, and it made some noise after you shoot, like a filling air, or leaking, it's near to the regulator and plenum, I don't know if that noise is normal.

The barrel orings was replaced by new ones and the noise continue, I chronyied it, 810-830 fps with jsb 33.94, that variation from one shoot to other appears strange for a regulated air gun, 

Does anyone have a sapsan that could please advice me?

The biggest issue with the sapsan , zbroia line is support., we'll leave the " little " things alone

There is a reason that there were several dealers wanting and selling the Zbroia line , take a look now and see how many are selling them.

Also as you are finding out there are multiple known issues with the gun, when you come in at that price point wanting to play with the established big boys you better have your sh!t together right out of the gate , especially as New brand no one has ever heard of..

Now i know there will be a few that are fans, same with any manufacturer , but the bottom line is why pay that kind of money for that gun ,or line up of guns, when there are so many proven guns out there at , or a, lower price point.... 

BTW, i don't think you mentioned if you were a lefty or right hand shooter, you will need to take that into account if you are like me and a south paw shooter, it eliminates quite a few guns......