• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BullBoss Sputtering

hi guys,
Need help figuring out what has happened to my Bull Boss.
In the last few days when i fired the gun i heard a completely diffrent sound coming from the gun, in stead of the normal crisp sound it was a (for lack of a better term) sputtering, echo. It was intermitten at first but is now happening on every shot.
I am also seeing a drop in velocity as well.
I degassed the tube and took a look for anything glaring then filled it back up and have the same result.
any ideas?
thanks.

Look into where the pellet is pushed into the barrel. There should be an o-ring that seals the pellet probe (the piece that loads the pellet) just inside the back of the barrel. If you see an empty groove there then the o-ring blew out. This typically happens when the bolt is not completely closed and the gun is fired!

Thurmond

We need audio. Really might help.
When I read your subject line I was thinking " burping" or a sound like repeated firing. Repaired an old CR 180 that would get one "shot" then "burp" all the remaining Co2. Could happen with HPA.
I've really only seen what I call burping on Co2 rigs but when the psi and hammer strength/weight/whatnot are equal it creates the worlds worst hammer bounce.

Can you take a vid?

John

Highrise- It's NOT easy but with a very bright light I can see mine from the side. Make sure you move the rod that indexes the magazine out of the way by getting the lever on the side in the up position like you do when putting a magazine in. It's a thin black line maybe 1/4" inside the rear of the barrel. It doesn't look as big as it does in Thurmond's picture, probably 'cause I can't see in there as well without the barrel removed. As to removing the barrel, sorry my friend I'm as ignorant as you on the correct procedure. Hopefully someone that knows will chime in soon. Maybe send Thurmond (TP3Ranch) a pm??? At the right angle, with a BRIGHT light you should be able to see that skinny "black stripe" though. If not, I say it's outta there. I believe it's the small o-ring in the spare 0-ring pack, NOT the one on a white plastic piece. I've no idea where that one goes. Good luck!

Ed