• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullboss, P15 or Kral Puncher Breaker, which should I get?

Thanks for all the input guys, what’s your opinion on the Hatsun Flashpup?

Sorry, should have re worded this, but I do actually have some familiarity with tinkering and that sort of stuff. But anyways, if I were to get a P15/Skyhawk, what sort of tinkering would I have to do? I read somewhere that the regulator and barrel normally need upgrading. I’m not really sure what needs tinkering on the shyhawk though.

i also have heard that the kral PB has parts that aren’t very high quality and break down after a 1000 or so shots. Is this true?

Thanks

I don't know how many thousands of pellets and slugs I've shot with my .22 puncher breaker, 6 - 10K or maybe more, I was shooting it pretty much everyday for a while, it was the only .22 I had.

I did change the lever, but never had a problem with the one that came on it. I'm about to switch levers again, between my PB and my. 25 Np-03, again not because of issues, but just because I like the lever.

I've changed orings, and added a regulator just because I was having a clipping issue, due to my error in not tightening the barrel correctly.

It's a real easy gun to work on if anything does go wrong though.

I have 2 Krals now, and will be buying another one.

Awesome, how long have you had it? Im more pushing to the PB or Flashpup now, but quietness isn't a serious issue when im shooting in my backyard, but maybe when im hunting, and how much is a decent moderator going to cost for a PB wouldn't mind one if I get one. quarter inch groups at 75yds is plenty for me, as I think that's as far as ill go trying to take a shot anyways. 

Also, does the PB shoot slugs well?

Anyways, thanks for the great input!

If I liked plastic guns, the Walther Reign would be on my radar. You might have to be a test pilot with this gun though. Like my Cometa Orion BP, the Walther probably wont get much forum time like the popular brands. I know there are YouTube videos on it but I don't put much faith in Video reviews. When a guy starts telling the truth, he quits getting free guns to review.

Plinkforfun, Yes I have experience with both the 22 and 25. The P15 and the Skyhawk. The price is very appealing but there is a sneaky ugly side to dealing with Krale as opposed to PA or other local dealers. Whatever gun you buy you need to be able to return it right away if it does not meet your needs. If you take it apart then the warranty is voided and you will not get a refund or new gun. You only get repair. Krale will give you a refund but you must ship the gun back to the Netherlands and that is more exspensive than shipping to someplace in the states.

The comments about the .25 are correct . More complaints about them.

The .22 and .177 are both capable, powerful, and simple. Many accuracy problem are caused by bad magazines. So testing needs to be done with the single shot tray. Then switch to the mags and track differences.

I do not call out one gun over the other. A lot of personal preference comes into play here. How it fits, feels, handles and pleases you. If you cannot get accuracy after a tin of JSB's then return it no matter which gun. Let us know which way you go and then your experience with your new toy.

I have the Hatsan Flashpup, both the wood and the synthetic (S). I also have the Kral PB in Walnut. And the Artemis p12. All guns are in 6.35/ .25 cal.

HATSAN FLASH PUP: the Synthetic one has issues with a crooked scope rail, and the plastic stock is less stable than the wood version. That combination means that the barrel- cylinder- rail assembly in the S tends to move, causing the POI to shift. I solved this by shimming the scope mounts and fixing the cylinder into the barrel band with a set screw on either side. I also used threadlocker. Power for both is 50+ Joule. Accuracy is very good at 50+ m with jsb exact King and Baracuda Grizzly slugs. I put an Audrius reg (59 eur) into one and an altaros (80eur) into the other. Excellent consistency in both (20 shots before falling off the reg), but the Audrius has a larger plenum. This enables a lower (125 bar) set point and thus milder hammer spring tension and easier cocking. The cocking side bolt on the synthetic is larger but cocking is more "industrial"; it needed 300 shots to become more smooth. Both bolts needed fastening with threadlocker. I put a hogan decimeater moderator onto both (50 eur at Richtkijker.nl). The 2-stage triggers are adjustable and sweet after some experimentation. This Hatsan uncharacteristically is the lightest gun of the 3 brands. The build quality is also the most "nonchalant", but I really like the side mounted pressure gauge and the degassing port. The S also has an adjustable buttpad. Brothers in Arms has amazingly detailed tuning videos.

KRAL PB: beautiful walnut stock requiring sanding and linseed oil for the beauty to shine. I opened up the ports to 4mm. 60j power and, unregulated, nearly as consistent&accurate as the regulated Flashpup. Very sweet adjustable 2 stage trigger, hardened seer that I polished slightly. Higher shotcount than the Flashpup; larger cylinder and thus a heavier gun. Very nice build quality and very easy to work on. The hammer spring action benefited from putting a 3cm long / 6mm id pvc pipe over the thin spring guide. This is the most refined gun of the 3, and I silenced it like the flash pup. Smooth side lever action, and low noise except for a slight ping in the absence of a reg. This gun requires high mounts plus risers.

ARTEMIS P12: this one-shot is the most powerful and accurate of the three. It craves Baracuda (match) domed pellets. I regulated it with a 59eur Audrius set at 130 bar, enlarged the delrin tp to 5mm and kept the power at 60j by turning out the hammer spring adjuster. 40 consistent shots. The reg eliminated the loud ping. The muzzle report benefited from moving the shroud forward to insert 2 6cm hair curlers wrapped in felt, and separated by 1 baffle from an 8usd Chinese oil filter (aliexpress). This gun has high quality components: titanium 330 cc cylinder and a good barrel and trigger group. I love the screw-on fill probe cover. Some call the stock bland. Well I would rather call it solid and ergonomic. It gives the gun businesslike character and makes an attractive minimalist statement. The bad news: the hammer retention pin on the cocking probe was gritty and broke. I replaced it by a much larger hardened and polished allen screw; this now makes for very smooth cocking. This necessitated an enlargement of the inside of the pellet probe housing, otherwise the larger head of the new pin would not fit. The 2stage trigger is now very sweet after I messed with it. I put heat shrink tubing (used to insulate electricity wire) onto the trigger transmission rod to stabilize it in its guide; this eliminated the play and increased predictability. I have only 400 eur into this gun and it is my favorite over my FXs. (It's human to start loving your torturer ...). Would not want to meet it in a dark alley.

LONG STORY SHORT: If you want accuracy and consistency and a well-made refined looking bullpup out of the box, go for the Kral. If you want a lighter gun, consistent 6.35/.25 /power without too much noise, and a sweet trigger, go for the Flash pup but be ready for some mild tinkering including a regulator. And if you want high power & accuracy, plus quality components in a package with character, then go for the P12 but be ready for some metal work and learning by doing.

By the way, did I mention that all aforesaid guns require thorough barrel cleaning and may benefit from some (easy to do) recrowning attention ... Yes, I have learned that PCPs, especially the cheaper ones, are not for salon shooters ;-)

The rear bolt Artemis P12 (single shot) and P10 (multi) are not easy to find anymore. I came across a P12 in 5.5 at Black Recon in Spain (429eur). They also carry a P1O in 6.35 for 600Eur. All under the Onix Bulk label ... Good experience with Black Recon. They also carry an interesting looking Norica bullpup ... Anyone have any experience with those?

Balistas in the Czech republic carries the P10 in both 5.5 and 6.35 for 519 Eur but with a different stock.

SPAirguns in Spain carries a p12 in 6.35 for 420eur -- anyone know how reputable that outfit is?

Shoot, I am tempted again. Time to ruffle my feathers like the pheasant in my garden to signal to my guardian it's that time again to hide my wallet ...

I can confirm Yo’s accuracy statement. My .22 caliber PB holds .4” @ 50 yards with Hades pellets. It’s a backyard gun for me and it’s quite enough with a moderator on it. It is a little on the heavy side and not something I’d want to go walking about with unless it had a sling. For an under $500 air gun it’s the bargain of the century.

I have the Hatsan Flashpup, both the wood and the synthetic (S). I also have the Kral PB in Walnut. And the Artemis p12. All guns are in 6.35/ .25 cal.

HATSAN FLASH PUP: the Synthetic one has issues with a crooked scope rail, and the plastic stock is less stable than the wood version. That combination means that the barrel- cylinder- rail assembly in the S tends to move, causing the POI to shift. I solved this by shimming the scope mounts and fixing the cylinder into the barrel band with a set screw on either side. I also used threadlocker. Power for both is 50+ Joule. Accuracy is very good at 50+ m with jsb exact King and Baracuda Grizzly slugs. I put an Audrius reg (59 eur) into one and an altaros (80eur) into the other. Excellent consistency in both (20 shots before falling off the reg), but the Audrius has a larger plenum. This enables a lower (125 bar) set point and thus milder hammer spring tension and easier cocking. The cocking side bolt on the synthetic is larger but cocking is more "industrial"; it needed 300 shots to become more smooth. Both bolts needed fastening with threadlocker. I put a hogan decimeater moderator onto both (50 eur at Richtkijker.nl). The 2-stage triggers are adjustable and sweet after some experimentation. This Hatsan uncharacteristically is the lightest gun of the 3 brands. The build quality is also the most "nonchalant", but I really like the side mounted pressure gauge and the degassing port. The S also has an adjustable buttpad. Brothers in Arms has amazingly detailed tuning videos.

KRAL PB: beautiful walnut stock requiring sanding and linseed oil for the beauty to shine. I opened up the ports to 4mm. 60j power and, unregulated, nearly as consistent&accurate as the regulated Flashpup. Very sweet adjustable 2 stage trigger, hardened seer that I polished slightly. Higher shotcount than the Flashpup; larger cylinder and thus a heavier gun. Very nice build quality and very easy to work on. The hammer spring action benefited from putting a 3cm long / 6mm id pvc pipe over the thin spring guide. This is the most refined gun of the 3, and I silenced it like the flash pup. Smooth side lever action, and low noise except for a slight ping in the absence of a reg. This gun requires high mounts plus risers.

ARTEMIS P12: this one-shot is the most powerful and accurate of the three. It craves Baracuda (match) domed pellets. I regulated it with a 59eur Audrius set at 130 bar, enlarged the delrin tp to 5mm and kept the power at 60j by turning out the hammer spring adjuster. 40 consistent shots. The reg eliminated the loud ping. The muzzle report benefited from moving the shroud forward to insert 2 6cm hair curlers wrapped in felt, and separated by 1 baffle from an 8usd Chinese oil filter (aliexpress). This gun has high quality components: titanium 330 cc cylinder and a good barrel and trigger group. I love the screw-on fill probe cover. Some call the stock bland. Well I would rather call it solid and ergonomic. It gives the gun businesslike character and makes an attractive minimalist statement. The bad news: the hammer retention pin on the cocking probe was gritty and broke. I replaced it by a much larger hardened and polished allen screw; this now makes for very smooth cocking. This necessitated an enlargement of the inside of the pellet probe housing, otherwise the larger head of the new pin would not fit. The 2stage trigger is now very sweet after I messed with it. I put heat shrink tubing (used to insulate electricity wire) onto the trigger transmission rod to stabilize it in its guide; this eliminated the play and increased predictability. I have only 400 eur into this gun and it is my favorite over my FXs. (It's human to start loving your torturer ...). Would not want to meet it in a dark alley.

LONG STORY SHORT: If you want accuracy and consistency and a well-made refined looking bullpup out of the box, go for the Kral. If you want a lighter gun, consistent 6.35/.25 /power without too much noise, and a sweet trigger, go for the Flash pup but be ready for some mild tinkering including a regulator. And if you want high power & accuracy, plus quality components in a package with character, then go for the P12 but be ready for some metal work and learning by doing.

By the way, did I mention that all aforesaid guns require thorough barrel cleaning and may benefit from some (easy to do) recrowning attention ... Yes, I have learned that PCPs, especially the cheaper ones, are not for salon shooters ;-)

Wow, thanks for the long post. I’m thinking about a PB now for a slug gun because of how well they shoot those. I thought screw it, and shelled out 700$ and bought an AA S500 unregulated as my first, and it’s amazing. I’ve taken out sooo many pests with it at long range with stupid accuracy.

The rear bolt Artemis P12 (single shot) and P10 (multi) are not easy to find anymore. I came across a P12 in 5.5 at Black Recon in Spain (429eur). They also carry a P1O in 6.35 for 600Eur. All under the Onix Bulk label ... Good experience with Black Recon. They also carry an interesting looking Norica bullpup ... Anyone have any experience with those?

Balistas in the Czech republic carries the P10 in both 5.5 and 6.35 for 519 Eur but with a different stock.

SPAirguns in Spain carries a p12 in 6.35 for 420eur -- anyone know how reputable that outfit is?

Shoot, I am tempted again. Time to ruffle my feathers like the pheasant in my garden to signal to my guardian it's that time again to hide my wallet ...

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/spanish-norica-darkbull-bp-pcp-cal-22-short-review/

you will find review here, the gun is very good value for money. Top performance.