• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullboss, P15 or Kral Puncher Breaker, which should I get?

Hi everyone, I’m somewhat new to PCP airguns, and I want to buy a bullpup PCP, but not entirely sure which to buy. My price range is 400-600$ and I want a good 50-75yd .22 or .25 hunting PCP that is light ( which the Bullboss is not) and very accurate, has side lever cocking, and preferably a regulator, which some in this price range dont have. I also do not have much experience with gun tinkering, so that has also narrowed down my choices quite a bit. If you have any other suggestions on what to buy, please tell me.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Fair warning: I have none of the above

But, "specification" wise, you may want to consider how you're filling. The P15 for example fills to a much higher pressure, I believe 3600 psi. That's fine as long as you're not hand pumping or filling from a 3k tank.

From your goals- the Bullboss is heavy. Puncher Breaker seems like it'd fit the bill, but also heavy. Have you considered the Hatsan Flashpup? Not side lever (though they're supposedly making one) but it's light and can be accurate.

There are a number of pups coming out shortly too that may fit your needs at your price range- Kral Empire, Benjamin Akela, etc.

But, "specification" wise, you may want to consider how you're filling. The P15 for example fills to a much higher pressure, I believe 3600 psi. That's fine as long as you're not hand pumping or filling from a 3k tank.

From your goals- the Bullboss is heavy. Puncher Breaker seems like it'd fit the bill, but also heavy. Have you considered the Hatsan Flashpup? Not side lever (though they're supposedly making one) but it's light and can be accurate.

There are a number of pups coming out shortly too that may fit your needs at your price range- Kral Empire, Benjamin Akela, etc.

I have a 4500psi air compressor coming soon in the mail and I haven’t seen any of the new rifles that are coming out soon, thanks for the info. 

I have looked at the flashpup, but i really don’t like the idea of a bolt action, but other than that it seemed pretty accurate and light.

I also looked at the Benjamin Akela, and it looks pretty cool. I might wait for that to come out.

I have a 4500psi air compressor coming soon in the mail and I haven’t seen any of the new rifles that are coming out soon thanks for the info.

I have a Hatsan. I do not have the Krall or P15. I think there is a sweet spot on everything. Where you get what you pay for. Too low and it isnt worth what you pay for, too high and again not worth what you pay for. My personal suggestion is to first see if you come across what you want on the used market and wait for a good price on a decent model that someone has decided to move on from. The Hatsan I have is lite but it is the Flash and so i agree the Flash meets that criteria. QC is hit or miss on lower level guns, but that doesnt mean they are junk, just have to put some work into them. What i found on my hatsan is the O rings were bad OOB in several places. I replaced the O Rings and its been fine and more then fine since then. Either look at used market or get a Hatsan Flash Pup QE. there are aftermarket mods for it plenty, including moderators that go into the shroud, so they dont extend the barrel length. They come with a single shot tray (nice touch) so you can shoot slugs or Poly that dont fit into the magazine. There are other regulators for sale aftermarket besides HUMA that go into the Flash, for about half price. I cant say as to quality, just put it in last week. But it has tightened the grouping and velocity has gotten consistent. For the price you are looking. You could get the Flash, a regulator with Plenum and ammo and have money left over. I wish i could be objective on the other choices you gave, but i dont own any of them.

Hope it helps. 

Gabe

I have a 22 Kral Puncher Breaker Silent Marine ( what a mouthful ) and bought it after hearing both negative and positive reviews about it and took a chance since it was in the $500 price range and there was Troy Hammer to fix it and make it better if need be luckily I got a good one. Nothing tinkered with and it shoots almost as though it's a regulated gun just like Steve's review. It shoots 15.9 JSB very well at 50 yards half inch average kinda unbelievable for a relatively inexpensive bullpup that's made in Turkey. It also shoots 14.3 Crosman Premier Hollowpoints from Wal-Mart about an inch. Biggest plus is that it doesn't need a regulator which is one less thing to worry about going bad. It also has a neat power dial to adjust the power anytime you wish. I'm sure others can chime in to back up this accuracy. Good luck. Yo

I can’t speak for the other guns but if you don’t want to fix/work on the gun right out of the box, steer clear of the P15/Skyhawk. If you get a good one, immediately hop in your vehicle and go buy a Powerball ticket. There are some that do ok but it’s too big of a gamble for a newbie. Spend a little extra if you have to. Do your homework, don’t fall in love with pictures and make your first PCP experience a good one. If you don’t get bit by the bug, the resale on a better gun that is desirable will help ease your pain.

I had a Kral (not bullpup model though) and can confirm that it did shoot well and had a surprisingly flat shot string. Mine was loud and needed a LDC. It was .22 cal and shot JSB monsters the best. I did open up the ports a bit to make it about 40fpe gun with the monsters. Not hard to do.

I also had a .177 flash. It was a great gun for the price. It loved crosman pellets. It came shooting hot and lost velocity throughout its shot string. Not hard to decrease the hammer spring to flatten it out. But you did have to remove the action from the stock. Kind of a pita.

I'd suggest looking for a used one of either platform. Just make sure you get good info and sample targets for accuracy. I'm sure you can find good examples of each as people get the itch to upgrade.

Thanks for all the input guys, what’s your opinion on the Hatsun Flashpup?

Sorry, should have re worded this, but I do actually have some familiarity with tinkering and that sort of stuff. But anyways, if I were to get a P15/Skyhawk, what sort of tinkering would I have to do? I read somewhere that the regulator and barrel normally need upgrading. I’m not really sure what needs tinkering on the shyhawk though.

i also have heard that the kral PB has parts that aren’t very high quality and break down after a 1000 or so shots. Is this true?

Thanks

The Skyhawk is a P15 with a pretty stock. They share all the same issues. You mentioned Kral parts. When you buy a P15 you have to make parts. Getting parts out of china might be a chore for the foreseeable future. I have a P15 and had a Skyhawk, bought it for a parts gun. If you want a project gun and don't mind spending money on something that will never be worth anything I would say go for it. But you better have a lathe or be willing to hunt people down and pay them to rebarrel it. Bottom line, in your shoes, its not worth the risk. Way safer gambles out there.

The Hatsan Flashpup needs a regulator because there doesn't seem to be a manageable bell curve if you're buying it for target shooting. There's also a loud ping next to your ear when you shoot it. It's ok as is for hunting straight out of the box once you know the shot curve and pay attention. I'm really surprised nobody else chimed on longevity of their Kral PB guns. I haven't shot mine much only to check if it was accurate which it is and my lever hasn't snapped yet knock knock. You're better off with the single shot P12 mines pretty accurate and didn't have the grief the Skyhawk owners are having. Good luck. Yo

If I got a flashpup, where would I find a decent website that sell modifications for it?

i read about the P12 also and people that reviewed it made it sound like it’s worse than the P15 also. Have any more details about your P12? I’m interested.

I probably will wait for the Akela, just exploring my options, as I’m sure it will have a big fat price tag and will be a pain to find it once it comes out.

Thanks for all of the awesome input.

I'd like to clarify the P15/Skyhawk parts issue. You can now get parts from  . Just got a new valve and it was fast shipping and reasonable..

Also the regulator is no more of an issue than many others. More than anything else these guns need a thorough cleaning before use. Remove the hammer spring and get heavy grease

cleaned out and then clean the barrel and run some bore polish through before you go out and shoot it. All these are things you should do with any new gun.

The single biggest problem with the P15/Skyhawk is the horrible terrible lousy magazines. Go on ebay and buy several third party mags fro CARM aka Darko on AGN. 

Check out the reports on each of these on UTube . If you are just a little mechanical you will be fine. 

Have you had experience with the P15? Please elaborate, as I’m intrigued with it. I’ve seen people saying that they do some basic tuning and you get great groups and power from it.

You will never get great power from the .25 unless you dump some serious time and coin into it. I have over $1,200 in mine to get it shooting with all the other .25's out there.

Plink I have a 22 cal. breaker , the earlier models had problems cocking lever & something else (brain dead right now) . Its a little heavy & I don't consider it backyard friendly without a moderator, it has a tatsu moderator on it right now . The gun comes hot at least mine did I leave it on 3/4 power & shoots JSB 18's the best ,hades open a little at 34 yds . It has a Athlon 4-14 ffp scope on top . I got the gun x-mas of 2018 & knock on wood trouble free, the cocking handle is pretty smooth but nothing like my cricket but that's a $ 1600 gun. It has been my main gun for nutrias & rabbits . If your going to use it for hunting get a single point sling because after a couple of hours of walking & carrying that thing it gets heavy trust me. Might consider a couple of extra mags also . A AGN member on here Pappy-Yosh makes mag holders for it -you just have to PM him . That Benji Akela looks nice but might want to let others test drive it for you to see their opinions before pulling the plug . I'd have to look at my targets but 75 yds you might be pushing it to quarter size groups (COIN) 50 yds a nickel maybe smaller everyone different mine has been left stock from fac.I would not be afraid to buy another one . Best of luck what ever you do !

Have you had experience with the P15? Please elaborate, as I’m intrigued with it. I’ve seen people saying that they do some basic tuning and you get great groups and power from it.

You will never get great power from the .25 unless you dump some serious time and coin into it. I have over $1,200 in mine to get it shooting with all the other .25's out there.

I wasn't thinking about getting a .25, as you said doesn't really have the power. I was more interested in the .22 because I saw it on Krale for 450$. Also, has anyone heard of the Walther Reign?