• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bullboss mags & slugs

My .25 cal bullboss mags accept the NSA's with no issue. I purchased a 100rd box in order to minimize risk of improper fitment. **Rifle shoots the JSB's and Polymags a bit more accurately, but the NSA's are superior in knockdown power. The NSA's group at 1" to 1.5" CTC at 50yds, whereas the JSB's and Polymags are .75",down to .50" CTC at 50 yards (both shot from a solid rest.)

Nanoia88

That's good to hear! No chance to shoot over 50yds? I saw that Southern Gunner on YouTube loves his Bullboss with the polys at 50 also. Awesome. Most small game & pesting I do is between 20-70yds with my HW98 FAC with the H&N FTT 14.66gr. This gun I would like to shoot past that as the HW98 has to stay under 70 yds. to humanely dispatch game & pests. Is your Bullboss stock?

Cornfields-Crosshairs 

Yup...bone stuck. I only partialy broke it down to clean it up and adjust the trigger. Hatsan is known for lackluster fit and finish. The barrel and shroud was loaded with metal shavings.

I got a good package deal on it and knew it would needs some TLC before shooting well.

I read chocked barrels often don’t work well with slugs....still had to try.

There was a thread somewhere that someone resized his slugs to .216 and it really help accuracy. 

C/C,

- Bullboss is stock except for trigger adjustment and (walnut stock) re-finishing.

- I have dropped squeaks out to 90yds with the Bullboss using JSB and Polymags. However, it absolutely shines inside of 50yds and is my Go-To pest control rifle when paired with an inexpensive, light 4x CQB optic. I previously had a heavy, 4-16x50 scope on it, but have found that it shoulders waaaay better with a lightweight optic and I can confidently use it offhand out to 50yds. I have an Air Arms S510 FAC .25 which is laser, but the Bullboss is the workhorse. I have yet to try slugs in the Air Arms rifle but suspect they will be a hit.

- My bullboss did not like the H&N FTT, although they are great in my .22's.

*POLYMAG NOTE: I had to slighly trim the tip of Polymags using nail clippers in order to get them to fit in the magazines. This takes time and is best underwent with beverage assistance. NO LOSS OF ACCURACY OR TERMINAL PERFORMANCE FROM TRIMMING TIPS.

- NSA site (or comments i read somewhere from the actual maker) volunteer'd that the Hatsan barrels dont see the accuracy these slugs are capable of achieving in say, a Lothar Walther barrel.

- I bought some for a cheapo (but awesome fun) Beeman QB Chief in .177 and they are spectacular inside of 40yds, but loosen up quickly past that range.

- BOTTOM LINE: JSB's are the most accurate in my gun, Polymags very very very close second (almost indistiinguishable). I consider the Hatsan superb for 50yds and under, and competent enough out to 70yds. If I am going for head shots at 100yds from a rest i'd be using the S510.