• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Bullboss 25

Ok, I have a Hatsan Bullboss 25, did a little adjustment on the hammer spring as suggested, no change. I cock the slide back and it's a 50/50 chance if the magazine rotates. And every couple times I cycle another pulled the gun goes off as I push the slide back forward. Do I just have a lemon?
The forward cocking mechanism in the BullBoss is rather delicate. The use of plastic behind the lever probably wasn't a wise idea on Hatsan's part. As far as the rifle discharging I would look at backing out the trigger adjustment screw CCW some as this is likely causing it to go bang. As for the magazine indexing, it may just be bound up. I would make sure to tighten the side screws on the cocking lever retainer (plastic) but not too much as the plastic will give and break with too much pressure.

Reactions: Robbie6
The forward cocking mechanism in the BullBoss is rather delicate. The use of plastic behind the lever probably wasn't a wise idea on Hatsan's part. As far as the rifle discharging I would look at backing out the trigger adjustment screw CCW some as this is likely causing it to go bang. As for the magazine indexing, it may just be bound up. I would make sure to tighten the side screws on the cocking lever retainer (plastic) but not too much as the plastic will give and break with too much pressure.
Thanks, I will try that.

Reactions: MACTEN
as MACTEN said, adjust your trigger, on the magazine it sounds like it's worn out, I had one that did the same and I compared the gears to a new one and it was much more worn, I replaced it and it was fine they are cheap, but it might be stuck, please note that when adjusting the hammer spring, are you inserting a pin tool or allen wrench tool into the hole on the side of the hammer slide, it can rotate if there is no tool holding it in place, and nothing will be adjusted and please note; CW rotation of the screw is less power and CCW rotation is more power, backwards to other PCP's,

Reactions: Robbie6
Yes, I put a 2mm Allen wrench in the hole. I just did a half turn on the hammer spring. Nothing changed. I've read alot of other posts and people were pulling stuff apart and cleaning really good. I did a little bit of disassembling and I am seeing some metal and plastic shavings. I was trying to avoid sending it back because I use it for work, but I don't want to void my warranty. I'm kinda disappointed because the air compressor I bought from hatsan is also not working.

I have a 22 cal Bull boss I got in a trade. My mag would stop turning after a few shots and would have to manually turn once then would start rotating again for a few shots and repeat! I took some dry lube spray and applied where the arm is that turns the mag. Took the plastic hose and got it up inside there. Seems to be working good now.

Reactions: Robbie6 and MACTEN
I have a 22 cal Bull boss I got in a trade. My mag would stop turning after a few shots and would have to manually turn once then would start rotating again for a few shots and repeat! I took some dry lube spray and applied where the arm is that turns the mag. Took the plastic hose and got it up inside there. Seems to be working good now.
I took the stock off and found metal and plastic shavings all inside. I'm gonna clean it really good, file the burs and see what happens. I have the 50 cal Hammer, but that thing is so loud, it's hard to use in some of the places I shoot

I had several Bullboss, .22 and .25 cal, they were both very powerful and accurate once properly tuned, I found 3D print file for the magazines on Thingiverse.com, they work flawlessly and cost about 15 cents to make, I sold the Bullboss due the how heavy they are and my shoulders and back are in bad shape, I switched to the Flashpup which is Light and Powerful, it is accurate too, just like all Hatsan's it needs a proper tune to work good, don't expect good service from Hatsan USA, I don't think they care much about taking care of the customer, so Warranties with them I'd throw out the window and do the work myself, as for parts you can find on Ebay or somewhere on the web, I make some parts myself on the Lathe, good to have Machining knowledge when messing with PCP's and other Airguns