• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bull pup rifles being hold sensitive

Just a product of a slow firing cycle. It’s probably the biggest reason why guys struggle with consistency when they go long. But guys will argue how great a bullpup is compared to a traditional rifle to the bitter end. Us guys who spent decades shooting 1,000yrds with powder burners just have to agree to disagree. Can you shoot a bullpup pellet gun as good as a let’s say a Crown at 100, yes. But you’ll have a lot more I’s to dot and T’s to cross than the guy tucked up into a nice traditional stock.

I've found sorta the same thing. While I have no "long" guns, and don't pretend to know anything about them. I do know that it seems the the "hold" characteristics does seem to matter, even shooting bullpups.

Even in my over-built Edgun, Lelya (.22), I've found that a light grip with both hands, returns a better, more consistent shot than a tight hold. Note, that all of my shooting is offhand.

On my "chassis" guns, I've put the "Anarchy Outdoors" vertical grips with the "thumb shelf", so that your shooting hand thumb rests above your index finger, rather than on the other side of the grip like most rifles have since the beginning of time. It gust feels comfortable after shooting a few rounds and getting used to it. It goes a long way in helping to "lighten" the grip on the gun.

Mike

I've found sorta the same thing. While I have no "long" guns, and don't pretend to know anything about them. I do know that it seems the the "hold" characteristics does seem to matter, even shooting bullpups.

Even in my over-built Edgun, Lelya (.22), I've found that a light grip with both hands, returns a better, more consistent shot than a tight hold. Note, that all of my shooting is offhand.

On my "chassis" guns, I've put the "Anarchy Outdoors" vertical grips with the "thumb shelf", so that your shooting hand thumb rests above your index finger, rather than on the other side of the grip like most rifles have since the beginning of time. It gust feels comfortable after shooting a few rounds and getting used to it. It goes a long way in helping to "lighten" the grip on the gun.

Mike

Just a product of a slow firing cycle. It’s probably the biggest reason why guys struggle with consistency when they go long. But guys will argue how great a bullpup is compared to a traditional rifle to the bitter end. Us guys who spent decades shooting 1,000yrds with powder burners just have to agree to disagree. Can you shoot a bullpup pellet gun as good as a let’s say a Crown at 100, yes. But you’ll have a lot more I’s to dot and T’s to cross than the guy tucked up into a nice traditional stock.

You are so right my friend, I found the bulldog with that long barrel the most challenging to keep the shots on point,....the gun is accurate but you have to work to make it happen.

Personally if I was having the issue you describe with cheek weld I would check my receiver to stock fitment and then probably bed my stock. And if that didn't work I would focus on myself and what I was doing behind the rifle.

You apparently, didn't read my post..!

If even a solid gun like the Lelya is sensitive, they are all somewhat sensitive. And yea, all of my bullpups are.

A light hold is a good hold, this includes laying a heavy head on the receiver !!

Mike

Personally if I was having the issue you describe with cheek weld I would check my receiver to stock fitment and then probably bed my stock. And if that didn't work I would focus on myself and what I was doing behind the rifle.

You apparently, didn't read my post..!

If even a solid gun like the Lelya is sensitive, they are all somewhat sensitive. And yea, all of my bullpups are.

A light hold is a good hold, this includes laying a heavy head on the receiver !!

Mike

Who are you??? Why do I care about reading your post? Did I reply to you or to the person who started this thread? I think someone has had to much to drink tonight. 

I think we are discussing an Impact, there is no stock to bed. Regarding the general issue of hold sensitivity, yeah, every rifle is, it's just a matter of the degree of sensitivity. My experience with bullpups is limited to the Veteran, but it seems that shooting it well from any position is relatively more challenging than a conventional rifle.

Exactly my sentiments to the tee...