• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Building a shroud for my fx impact

I have a 700 mm barrel on my mk2 impact but adding a moderator makes it really long I'm going to try making a shroud from 1-1/8 outside diameter 1 inch Id. Trying to decide best way to make a air stripper the shroud length is going to be 17 1/2 inches thinking about making 2 stripper baffles with a spring infront and one behind to keep baffles in place which would be in the front 3 to 3-1/2 inches and it will be able to push the air backwards where the rest of the barrel be wrapped in felt then use multiple venting holes in the rear part of the shroud to get air to travel rearward threw the felt with 17-1/2 inches it would still just fit in original case and I would lose about 4 inches of length thoughts ideas are welcome

Venting backwards reminds me of the barrel bushings on the airforce talon ss, they drilled holes to allow the air to move backwards increasing volume without adding that much length.Do you have a 3D printer or access to one? I have had some success with printing parts others have designed on sites like thingiverse.com. Also found some carbon tubing on Amazon which is a decent place to start.

Well I got my shroud done for now have to see how accurate it will be but I'm within 1 db of my regular shroud with a koi on it so I lost overall length of 4 inches which should be handier with the 700 barrel I got 2 baffles riding on springs so they can move back and forth then vented in the rear with barrel wrapped in felt to slow down the air I'll have to get some pictures so far I'm pleased with it I have to paint it yet also baffles only have approximately a 1/2 inch either way they can move all held together with 4-40 set screws and 4 4-40 button heads to get it in the original case the butt stock end gets removed I figured that is better then unscrewing the koi every time

IMG_20220817_170044981.jpg
IMG_20220817_170312045.jpg