• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

“Build Quality” BRK Ghost vs. FX Impact M3?

We know the FX Impacts perform and they have a proven track record and many, many fans. Please don’t turn this into a brand bashing thread. Many have been quick to compare the BRK Ghost to the Impact or Maverick… Forgetting that the BRK Ghost is a somewhat mechanical version of the Delta Wolf and has great lineage. Would love to see a direct “stock, out the box build” comparison from someone lucky enough to own both (Ghost and Impact). Watched a video this morning where certain comments were made on build quality and am curious. The person, who owns a Red Wolf and has shot a Delta Wolf, felt the Ghost was a better gun than the Lobos…

Boy are you gonna open a can of worms with this one. Lol
As far as build quality, I think both companies do very well in that department. As far as copying one another, they’re both copying the AR platform, so I wouldn’t say one did it before the other. I remember seeing something somewhere that Frederick Axleson made a comment that brocock had copied the power wheel from FX, and that FX had the copyright on it. Whether or not anything comes into play here, I still think it was in bad taste. I own 3 fx rifles currently, and have owned many more. I have never owned a Brocock or Daystate product, but intend to in the future. You won’t catch me here bad mouthing either brand, I think they’re both top of the line.

It is EXACTLY a mechanical (non-electronic) version of a Delta Wolf. When I first handled one back in May or June my absolute initial impression/thought, within seconds of being handed the gun, was that it is a mechanical Delta.

Can't say about build quality versus FX (as you titled this), but CAN say that the little Ghost is SOLID.

Reactions: Centercut
Don’t own or have even handled a ghost but have had 2 mavericks have a m3 and 2 reveres and a redwolf. From what i have read and experienced with the guns i own i would say that the ghost is probably better for the average person and the fx’s are probably better for those that want to be airgun smiths. Seems to me the fx is more powerful but needs a lot of love and understanding where the ghost with a more solid chassis and less o rings is just a bit more consistently dependable

Reactions: donut_man
It is EXACTLY a mechanical (non-electronic) version of a Delta Wolf. When I first handled one back in May or June my absolute initial impression/thought, within seconds of being handed the gun, was that it is a mechanical Delta.

Can't say about build quality versus FX (as you titled this), but CAN say that the little Ghost is SOLID.
...methinks this is exactly what I want...

...would the improved Alpha Wolf valve be compatible like on the Delta Wolf...???...

Had a few Impacts and done with them. The Ghost is now my dedicated 100Y BR rifle. Both are quality built but brand X seems to rush product to market and you always read about bugs and problems. Very very few issues ever appear in print with brand B so that kind of tells me they really do a better job with R&D and QC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flavi and L.Leon