Bugbuster for Avenger

Hello all,

I mentioned in a previous post that I am setting up a wood stocked Avenger for my step-dad. I have a UTG 1" Bugbuster 3-12x32 side-focus on the way, as it will keep things light, and it will get some backyard work, and the 3 yard focus could be nice for that. I have a few questions about the Avenger with this small compact scope.

1) I have seen a few pics of a Bugbuster mounted on avengers with the rings only on the back section of the Avenger rail, which might be nice as it look, to me, like the two sections of rail are not quite lined up with each other. Anyone doing this, and are medium height rings required, or can low rings be used?

2) The Bugbuster is coming with what I believe are medium height QD Picatinny rings. Are those a good idea for use on the plastic rail of the Avenger? I might be worried the QD clamps could work loose more easily on a softer rail. I am fine with getting some traditional rings, if needed, that just screw down to a picatinny rail for this gun.

3) How is eye alignment on the Avenger? The comb looks kind of low; are people using cheek risers?

Thank you,

-pg

id say mount it where it works out best with eye relief and your hold .. dont know the setup for an avenger but medium rings are usually best to clear mags .. i wouldnt worry about qd, either way i dont overtighten scopes .. as far as comb, ive used the kydex ones on wood before, alittle heat from a heat gun to match it to the stock and theyre pretty jam up, drilling the stock is nerve racking but its prolly worth it if it needs one ..

IMG_20220603_165818.1654289943.jpg

I have a compact Vector 4-16x44 on 30mm FX no limit rings. Each ring is centered over the front and rear screw of the rear picatinny rail only. I needed the adjustable rings to keep from using all the scope elevation. They look about medium height to me and a high capacity AE Swede magazine fits this setup with ease. The magazine is out of stock right now but it's by far the best on the market and I highly recommend it. CNC machined from Delrin right here in the USA.

I have the synthetic stock and eye alignment and relief are perfect for me without any additions. I'm 6'3"

Do you have the rifle yet? My ~1 year old wood stocked version has aluminum rails....that are slightly out of alignment. Are they coming with plastic pic rails now?

I'm using eagle vision adjustable rings. I think they're 1.5" tall at their shortest setting (from top of rail to center line of optic). Too tall for me but, I make it work.