• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bug.. Assalt..

So I've had the shop office door open alot lately for shooting, and flies had been a real problem in here.

For the first time, I decided to try table salt in one of the junk Crosman 760's the kids used to use that was in the corner.

Holy crap, how fun is this?!? I've gone through half a salt shaker tonight, and even dug out an old P3 replica (marksman 40?) to use as well. The 760 will poke a major hole in paper at 3-4 feet @ 10 pumps! The spread seems really good to 5-6 feet. The "P3" is super handy, and seems great to 3 feet or so. I'm not sure how much "FPE" is needed for flies, but the ones I've hit within a few feet are spattered by the salt!

Can't believe I didn't do this earlier, its SOO much fun!

"linsfreak"Well the toy one is pretty harmful to if u hit someone. You pour salt in a holder cock it and shoot. Every time you cock it.......shoot!
I've shot myself with one, it's not that bad. It stings a little but, I wouldn't call it "pretty harmful"...actually I would call it pretty harmless. That is unless, you get shot in the eye.

I bought one to take to Baja. Never should have unpacked it and tried it out. Especially in front of my sister (who hates guns). She tried it once and laughed her burro off. She showed it to the grand kids and the daughter and I had to buy another for Baja. The kids turned out to be quite the relentless hunters. This is a no hunting family. I'm not letting them shoot the new Cricket. I guess flies are okay in the world of non-hunters though. I'm still laughing may **s off...