• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

"Budget to Mid-Priced" PCP Frustration....

I would reccomend the Hatsan Airmax, you get over 90 shots at over 35fpe in .22 and it's plenty accurate. It may be a bit heavy to walk around with but it's comfortable to shoulder.

I had an akela in .22 that was dead accurate regardless of distance, super quiet, no moderator needed, not regulated but it didn't need one either, I got about 50 good poops before having to refill.

The only other two I would suggest per specifics would be a marauder field target, you get 60 shots, although at a lower power, and those guns are some one the quietest I've ever heard.

Or an avenger, amazing guns for the price, match triggers, tons of power, tons of shots.

Personally, given the expectations and not wanting to mess with it to make it up to snuff, I'd increase my budget a little bit. An AGN Vixen short is around 5lbs, will give plenty of shots and is accurate and can be had from Krale for under 1k. Bit more than you wanted to spend, but checks all the boxes and unless some anomaly, shouldnt disappoint with performance.
There certainly may be some suggested that will fit the bill, but seems most do need some sort of tinkering to make them comparable to the higher end guns.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I get all of what you are saying.
I have a been around for a minute and as i stated in the original post this "budget" gun is to keep my high dollar guns out of the hands of my relatives, as well serving as a "loaner" gun to friends in the future.

My complaint about the pricing on the budget guns is primarily aimed at the so called mid priced guns. (you will Never convince me a Hatsan Factor is worth $1000.00)
I do agree the low end pcp market is most definitely giving a lot for the price, ie. the JTS Airacuda Max

I appreciate all posts and suggestions, the search continues.....
No Hatsan airgun is worth $1000, or even $700-800. The most rough airguns I ever got rid off.

Here is a loose perimeter of what will work
1) preferably .22
2) Quiet or abililty to add moderator
3)accurate out to 30 yards
4) decent shot count, minimum 60+ plus per fill, would like more if possible
5) Decent trigger
6) regulated
7) High end of budget=$800.00

I prefer to buy something New as opposed to the used market since it has pretty much lost it's mind too..

Thanks guys, I have become bleary eyed looking and hoping i just missed something...
Go the Airguns of Airizona website and look at the BSA R10 in .22. Your search has ended IMO.

Just an update on this thread.

As per many of your suggestions i did go ahead and order the JTS Airacuda Max in .22

I had a boatload of old Pyramid Bucks i had forgotten about so i slapped them towards the price and ended up right at $ 400.00 shipped.

I Have a Hawke 4-12x40 AO Scope with the 30/30 Duplex Reticle ( Model 14140) laying around so that is what glass i'll slap on it when it gets here, Nice, Simple Reticle, and pretty damn nice glass for that price point scope...
I actually have one on my wife's 2022 Huben .22, she digs it because it's clean and not a ton of hash marks, just point and shoot!!

Thanks again to all of you that shared your thoughts

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Just an update on this thread.

As per many of your suggestions i did go ahead and order the JTS Airacuda Max in .22

I had a boatload of old Pyramid Bucks i had forgotten about so i slapped them towards the price and ended up right at $ 400.00 shipped.

I Have a Hawke 4-12x40 AO Scope with the 30/30 Duplex Reticle ( Model 14140) laying around so that is what glass i'll slap on it when it gets here, Nice, Simple Reticle, and pretty damn nice glass for that price point scope...
I actually have one on my wife's 2022 Huben .22, she digs it because it's clean and not a ton of hash marks, just point and shoot!!

Thanks again to all of you that shared your thoughts
Let us know what you think when it arrives I think you'll be satisfied for the price

Reactions: bfloyd1095
Let us know what you think when it arrives I think you'll be satisfied for the price
Will do amigo..
Man its been so long since i have not paid 2K for gun it feels pretty good to save the cash!
So if this JTS performs even 1/3 as good as avertised i will be more than happy, and consider it a win....

Reactions: bf1956
I didn’t go into major detail when I suggested the Max but some other things to look forward to as long as you get a gun that doesn’t have any out of the box issues. The gun is a full size sucker but it’s light. It also lays in the bags very comfortably for dialing it in. Then when the fun starts, all any of the eager shooters will need is one bag or support to shoot the gun with good precision. I was just at my sisters for our annual pellet fest and watching them struggle with odd bullpups and some of the crazy Buck Rodger guns that we are being flooded with now has me taking more traditional rifles for everyone to shoot. If the gun arrives good to go, they will love it because it’s easy to shoot well.

Reactions: bf1956
I didn’t go into major detail when I suggested the Max but some other things to look forward to as long as you get a gun that doesn’t have any out of the box issues. The gun is a full size sucker but it’s light. It also lays in the bags very comfortably for dialing it in. Then when the fun starts, all any of the eager shooters will need is one bag or support to shoot the gun with good precision. I was just at my sisters for our annual pellet fest and watching them struggle with odd bullpups and some of the crazy Buck Rodger guns that we are being flooded with now has me taking more traditional rifles for everyone to shoot. If the gun arrives good to go, they will love it because it’s easy to shoot well.
I've got plenty of bags in pretty much all configurations, fronts, rears, woobies, light plastic media filled canvas to heavy sand filled leather so I should be able to get any of the prospective shooters comfortable...

I should get the gun a week before the shindig so i'll have plenty of time to get a bunch of lead through it and work through any bugs that may be there..