Budget Semi Auto

The new AEA SF (select fire) is available for pre-order. They will be 799.99....seems they use an entirely new method for semi auto function compared to their last release. ( I don't see a push rod going thru the magazine).

They look interesting...sure its not .177, but you could add a .177 barrel for under 200$ and mod a mag to accept the ammo, if you shop around...

The new AEA SF (select fire) is available for pre-order. They will be 799.99....seems they use an entirely new method for semi auto function compared to their last release. ( I don't see a push rod going thru the magazine).

They look interesting...sure its not .177, but you could add a .177 barrel for under 200$ and mod a mag to accept the ammo, if you shop around...

Looked like in a close-up, the rod is still there

1682082793942.png

I was checking out the AEA sf. Very few video reviews on Youtube and lots of issues reported on AEA guns as a whole here on AGN. So Im not sold.

I was checking out the AEA sf. Very few video reviews on Youtube and lots of issues reported on AEA guns as a whole here on AGN. So Im not sold.

It just was announced/released a few days ago. I can't imagine it's in many hands yet. Especially when, IMO, the regular AEA HP SS+ works perfectly well without a regulator (fairly consistent power for 4 magazines = 36 shots) for a lower price. I'm not sure how many people wanted to make their HP SS able to flip from semi-auto to bolt action. I have plenty of bolt action guns. I bought a second AEA HP SS+ .30 (after selling and regretting) because as a compact semi auto it basically has no competition.

Was able to purchase a "broken" model from someone on the forum. Came with the replacement valve pin and it was a 7 minute job to swap in the new one. The one I had previously was used for a long time and never broke. I will purchase a replacement "fortified" valve pin if this one ever breaks and then it should be good for a long time.

I'm hitting little metal spinners at 75 yards with this using a red dot. That's what I call good accuracy for a compact semi auto.

For OP, I suppose I would recommend the .22 even if you want a .177... there is a power wheel so you can shoot lower power (and get more shots per fill), if that's your thing.

I would not get the sortie. The Bullmaster fits the description you are looking for.

Hatsan BullMaster Semi-Auto PCP Air Rifle
Caliber .177 (4.5mm)
Max Velocity 1100 fps
Muzzle Energy 21 ft/lbs
$899.99 @ Pyramyd Air

Personally, I like the .25 caliber but in the end, it's all about what will make "you" happy. 😁
Had a bullmaster, biggest piece of garbage I ever had other than an AEA, horrible trigger, no accuracy, heavy ass hell, etc…I don’t think I will ever buy another Hatsan product

The .177 requirement sure narrows down things considerably,

If you where prepared to move up to .22 this is a smoking deal,
this Semi line is very reliable with a system that is simple and little can go wrong.

Had a bullmaster, biggest piece of garbage I ever had other than an AEA, horrible trigger, no accuracy, heavy ass hell, etc…I don’t think I will ever buy another Hatsan product
I never had a bullmaster either. Was just going off specs. I personally like the AEA HP SS .30 but thats because I like to tinker. AEA's new SF line is looking promising. Maybe resolving some of the problems that previous generations have.

I'd go with the Hatsan Blitz, it is available in .177.
Just had a look but have they discontinued the .177 version for the first Blitz?
The new Blitz BP (bull pup) is available in .177 listed on hatsans website but not sure if it's available in the US yet if that's where you are.
It is much longer than what you want though. The Blitz can be really finnicky, you might need to make a lot of adjustments to the rifle to get it to function correctly (like increase spring tension in magazine and increase hammer spring to increase air to make the cycling work better).

Not really sure what your intended use is, you could go with a Umarex Steelstorm and buy the Co² to HPA adapter.
Just target practice or do you need it for pest control? Pellet or BB?
I'm most familiar with Hatsan and they don't really have any short semi auto rifles other than the Bullmaster, the Sortie is a pistol.

Kral seems to have quite a few options that are short and semi auto.
Kral Puncher Ekinoks is semi auto but too long.

There is a Kral Puncher NP-04 that is semi auto but only in .22 and .25 from what I could find. It's not even listed on krals official website yet but available for sale in europe. It would be perfect for you if only it was available in .177 as it's the same gun you already own by semi-auto.
It might be discontinued or heavily delayed as I found a video that is 5 years old showing it at some convention?
I couldn't find a single video in english about it so perhaps it's only available in certain regions?

If BB is ok then you probably have over 100 options in pistols, smgs etc but you will have to convert the Co² to HPA if PCP is important to you.