Budget pcp, help me chose plz. My first

Gun = $300

Tank & fill system- $350

scope - probably $100

Rings - can be had on eBay for $10 to $20, or better rings up to $40

pellets - $15 to get started

I started with a Marauder and pump. Immediately bought air tank (Air Venturi 90 CI tank), and never looked back. Had several scopes laying around and extra rings, so no extra cost there. Still, setup cost over $800 with the tank about 5 years ago. PCP's ain't cheap, but sure worth it and sweet to shoot.

As I said, two ways to look at buying your first PCP. Whole hog, spring for the whole wad all at once and start shooting a premium gun, or buy and entry level and work your way up. Each is better for different folks. I am quite happy with my choice of a Marauder as a starter and an Impact a few months ago. Worked for me. You may want to go whole hog but that means at least a Streamline type gun (around $900 to 1500 for the gun) to get the whistles and bells (and a really sweet trigger!)

Buying entry level got me started without plunking down $2000 or $3000 right off the bat. Shot my entry level for nearly 5 years before upgrading and got to know the gun, and what I wanted in a better gun. Either approach works, neither is wrong.

There is no such thing as a budget PCP..........It doesn't exist. You pay now or you pay later.. That's the way it is. The cost of a PCP is not only the gun, but it is also the infrastructure you will need. The tanks, whips, pumps and compressors, not to mention a crono, which you WILL need as well. Be wise, make up your mind if you really want to go PCP. If so, don't screw around, buy quality up front, it's cheaper.

There is no such thing as a budget PCP..........It doesn't exist. You pay now or you pay later.. That's the way it is. The cost of a PCP is not only the gun, but it is also the infrastructure you will need. The tanks, whips, pumps and compressors, not to mention a crono, which you WILL need as well. Be wise, make up your mind if you really want to go PCP. If so, don't screw around, buy quality up front, it's cheaper.

I kindve agree that buying a budget 300$ pcp is not necessarily a good idea. Instead save up your pennies and buy the high end gun that you want. If you are unsure if this sport is not for you then buy used so you won't lose much. You can then sell it for the price you paid for it if things go south.

I have to admit, that if I were buying my first PCP today, I'd probably have done the exact same thing I did in the beginning. I'd buy the Marauder as the starter gun.

It's accurate (Gen 2, not necessarily Gen 1 guns), not too expensive at about $450, good trigger which most of the cheap guns really lack, reliable, boatloads of options if I want to make a project gun, etc. Good all around gun that you can hunt with or get reasonable results from the bench. In .22, I was getting I to 1.5 inch groups at 75 yards when I finally got it tuned in. That took some effort, but the lessons were invaluable when I want to a higher end gun.

most importantly, it's adjustable. while not regulated, it has fundamentally the same adjustments as the Impact. Great learning platform. I made lots of mistakes, and learned lots of lessons on the good old Marauder.

There are some drawbacks, as I like a shorter, lighter gun and the Marauder is long and a bit front heavy, but it's got an excellent trigger that rivals guns of $1000 or more, and is accurate out to 75 yards without any problems. If you want to tune it down, Tom Holland has his tuned down to about 6 foot pounds and gets (OK, he's replaced almost every part with Hill equivalents and a Layne Regulator) over 300 shots per fill. My gun gets 30 but has about 28 foot pounds energy.

The best gun just depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to hunt, the Marauder is a good alternative. If you want to learn the fundamentals of bench rest shooting, you won't win too may competitions against FX Impacts, but it's great for a sub-$500 gun.

Though I purchased an Impact earlier this year, I've held onto the Marauder. It'll be my project gun, so I can learn about regulators and such.

As for going high end, you do really get what you pay for. The trigger is a good example. Marauder trigger is really good. Impact trigger is from another planet. It's phenomenal, adjustable, and I really like it. Cocking on the Marauder means compressing a 10lb spring. The Impact is butter smooth with no effort. Completely different league of gun.

The difference was $1500 in the initial purchase price, so I had to save pennies for 2 years to buy it. 

If the low end gun gets you shooting now, do it! Don't wait. Whatever gets you out there shooting, after all, the goal isn't to spend money (even though this is a blood sucking hobby, it adds up fast!), but the shooting is the important part.

Just get shooting!

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Will be used for backyard target shooting 30-70yards, ( can't say pest / small game hunting :) Norway ) 

Will be filled with scuba bottles type 232 bar / 3360psi max pressure.

Have new scope. Budget.

This is what I have to pay !!!!

Fx typhoon 570 $ on sale! 
+ manually rotated magazine 70 $
+ Regulator later. +100 $

BSA Buccaneer $ 590
Benjamin Fortitude 590 $
Umarex Gauntlet 590 $
Flash QE 590 $

Stormrider 2 & Beeman Chief 390 $

Marauder aprox 800 $ (to much)

Daystate Huntsman Classic 950 $ (to much)

Perhaps possible to get fx t12 / typhoon 12 for 7-750 , import

Correction on the Marauder. From Crossman.com, the synthetic Marauder in .22 or .177 is $540. Use the AGNATION code for a 25% discount and that knocks the Marauder down to $405. Order on Friday for free shipping. Not sure where the $800 number came from unless you are looking at the Field and Target which is regulated. Base Gen 2 Marauder with the newest barrels which are supposed to be supper accurate, for about $400, it's a good price, but you gotta make your own call.

If you want a regulator, the Huma regs are around $125

Oh, any Crosman gun that's not Custom Shop is eligible for the AGNATION discount. Really makes Crosman guns cost competitive.

If you have any idea that you will like airgunning, skip the "budget" rifles. I started with a Benjamin Maximus 22 and quickly realized it did not meet my needs. My next gun was an FX Streamline 22 (entry level FX), which after shooting more than 1,000 pest birds in 8 months, I would have to say this is the most versatile gun I have. My Wildcat 25 is awesome, but overpowered for close range or indoor use.

If I could only have one gun, I'd have to say an FX Streamline in 25 might be it.

No need for a apology no. In Norway we have to work with pyramid and airgun store prices + 145 dollar shipping + 25% tax for the gun and the shipping, and another 25 dollar for tax handling :) For guns over cal.177 there is another 35 dollar fee to the Police to registrate the gun. The prices are what I need to pay in total. prices shipped to Norway from us, and some from Norwegian vendors.

So far I think I go for importing a 590 dollar Gauntlet (or a fortitude) in 0.22.,

or by the FX typhoon 0.22 for 570 dollar here. 

I'm not saying that this will happen to you, BUT. Most of us here have started out buying a low end gun, all the while thinking the same thing: $XXX is too much money for an airgun. I hear ya, and feel ya. I said the same thing. Bought a Gamo springer for $200 and said: OK, here is my forever gun, ain't no way in hell I will pay $400+ for a Pellet gun. 

I currently have 2 springers that have cost all together about $1400? HP tank $500+ Altaros Booster and shop compressor $900+ 3 PCPs easy over $5K with all included toys. 

It happens. So, mull that over a little. 

The Nova Freedom, might also catch your fancy if you are looking for a budget pcp that has the contained pump unit. It make a nice choice if all you want to do is buy the gun and a tin of pellets. No extra pump, no tanks to fill but still get the benefits of pcp smoothness and repeated shots.

https://www.americantactical.us/5690/detail.htmlThe

That's what I got as my first...a 22 nova freedom. Of course soon after, I got other pcp's, a tank, compressor, etc. But yeah, the nova freedom actually shoots quite accurately and really seems to love the cost effective crosman pellets. It is nice to not need a tank or compressor

Maybe they have improved but mine has had pump problems...the innermost oring fails if you pump it too quickly...gets hot. I've rebuilt mine 2 times and could do it in my sleep at this point. It's not too hard...30 minute job. I hear the best o-ring to use is a Buna-N 70 durometer oring, which I have yet to try. I'll test that kind next, as it is in need of another oring swap.