• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Budget pcp hand pump pistol recommendations.

I see there is an older thread on this question but maybe opinions are changed now.
Looking for lower priced pcp pistol with hand pump for varmint control such as possum.

Not long range, just needs to be better than my crosman p1322 which has a stated 460 fps.
Im using crosman premier hollow point 14.3 gr.
I literally see them bouncing off prey.
Im not interested in putting more money into the crosman.

Any ole cheap pcp pump off ebay should be fine.

Air guns are not really suited for possum unless it is extremely precise and 50+fpe.

I've used my 25 caliber pp800 on coons, which is pretty similar use-case. But it outputs quadruple the factory power (48fpe)

306893223_10160033716954034_976001416746414168_n.jpg

Air guns are not really suited for possum unless it is extremely precise and 50+fpe.

I've used my 25 caliber pp800 on coons, which is pretty similar use-case. But it outputs quadruple the factory power (48fpe)

View attachment 384043
48 fpe out of pp800?! Thats pretty sweet - what kind of modifications were needed for that?

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
48 fpe out of pp800?! Thats pretty sweet - what kind of modifications were needed for that?
Cothran valve and custom 10mm od x 6mm I'd ptfe transfer port. As well as barrel transfer port hogged out to 6mm. You'll wind up cutting thru at least one of the barrel oring grooves, so have to cut a new barrel oring groove. I didnso with a little cutting wheel on a Drenel. Slow and careful.

I have a 15" barrel I ported as well, and it will get 65fpe

Shot count is like 2 and a half. I'm sure the valve could be tuned better. But I've been too busy with life, work l, and family to fool with it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MrP
Far as I know the Notos would be the most PCP pistol for the least amount of money, and has plenty enough power for possum. Considering most likely your shots will be at (literal) spitting distance, you'll likely get full penetration through the brain; even through the chest on any but the largest possums.

Get a .22 caliber.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1

View attachment 384043
Great looking pistol man. Especially those grips! I bet its fun to shoot as well. Happy shooting.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas