• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Budget Huntsman Revere

Kral NP-03 and Donnyfl Tanto in addition to modifying the factory barrel, and endcap to be a functioning shroud. Swapped the trigger linkage for a regular trigger blade from a mega and put the gun in a mega wood stock and added a kydex cheek riser.

180cc aluminum tube is light and easy to fill to 2900psi with just a hand pump. Same gun from my RMAC build in new furniture for the upcoming squirrel season. 

20 shots at 45fpe

8-½lb scoped

39" OAL including the Donnyfl Tanto 

$399 NP-03 

$99 Donnyfl Tanto 

$60 Kydex cheek riser 

$100 Mega stock. 

$658 Total build plus scope and rings 

1596912677_17498903335f2ef425716003.82053733.jpg

I am sold on that adjustable power dial there and regulated type shotstrings without the need for a regulator.

I would like feedback on the unregulated Benjamin Akela bullpup Also as compared to the FX Dream Pup and Wildcat. Does it Also a have the easy adjustable power dial too? What is the power range just with the dial straight out of the box?

New thread post recommended.

Looks Great! Did you need to modify the stock to fit the action of the NP-03? And where did you get the biathlon lever?

No stock modification needed. The NP-03 just needs the trigger shoe from the mega installed and it's a direct fit. The biathalon lever is from the Jumbo. I had a bunch ordered for my builds and tunes. I put them on all the guns I have or tune. 

You have some serious talent with these kral guns. Do you think their barrels are just as accurate as the higher end guns?

My 53cm length .25 Kral Puncher barrel (same as the Puncher Breaker) certainly meets that test. Shooting cherries consistently at 60m in some wind -- unregulated !

1598802994_10302338535f4bcc3215fb36.35681579.jpg

Conversely the 58cm barrel in my .25 Pro was more challenging until I put in a reg, worked on the trigger, etc.

I do not know about the 48cm barrel in some other models but hear it shoots fine.

Of course valve, springs, ports, moderators etc also have an impact on accuracy ...

You have some serious talent with these kral guns. Do you think their barrels are just as accurate as the higher end guns?

I think they can be. I recrown, clean and polish all of mine with JB Bore paste. Hand polished using 4 patches for 50 strokes each giving a total of 200 strokes then clean again and season. Works really well and they have always shot accurately for me. 

I think they can be. I recrown, clean and polish all of mine with JB Bore paste. Hand polished using 4 patches for 50 strokes each giving a total of 200 strokes then clean again and season. Works really well and they have always shot accurately for me.

Do you recrown due to the original crown being poorly cut or do you recrown to custom cut for accuracy if you don't mind me asking?

Do you recrown due to the original crown being poorly cut or do you recrown to custom cut for accuracy if you don't mind me asking?

It's habit. I prefer a flat recessed crown. I feel it's more accurate but Kral has some of the best factory crowns I've seen. 

It's habit. I prefer a flat recessed crown. I feel it's more accurate but Kral has some of the best factory crowns I've seen.

Thanks for the reply. I was curious as I hadn't seen a preferred crown mentioned much in pcps. I've seen all kinds in pb's and have done a handful of flat recessed crown's on pb's. I prefer the flat recessed on hunting rifles. 

Hammer since you have replaced original Kral barrel with the lw polygonal before, do you think it made a big difference?

I switched back to a factory barrel before I went to EBR 2 years ago. The factory barrel was more accurate with the JSB 33.95 MKII Heavies I used in comp. I did very well. 24th overall considering my gun, bi-pod and scope combined was less than the optics alone on the top 5 finishers.