Budget Compressor recommendation

I'm looking to buy a cheap compressor from Amazon, like $200-300. What are the important stuff I should look for? It looks like some have auto-shutoff, some have a 110v adapter (it seems it would better if adapter doesn't exist and made for 110v instead). Would anyone have a specific Amazon link for one that they use, and that has worked with no major issues?

I was thinking Yong Heng compressor.. but it seems awfully complicated with oils, water, pumps, and hoses and stuff... It sounds like something that would not work, and I wont be able to figure out, or have to spend much time trying to figure out.

I do NOT need to use it using the car battery. I just need something that plugs in, simple to use.

I'm looking to buy a cheap compressor from Amazon, like $200-300. What are the important stuff I should look for? It looks like some have auto-shutoff, some have a 110v adapter (it seems it would better if adapter doesn't exist and made for 110v instead). Would anyone have a specific Amazon link for one that they use, and that has worked with no major issues?

I was thinking Yong Heng compressor.. but it seems awfully complicated with oils, water, pumps, and hoses and stuff... It sounds like something that would not work, and I wont be able to figure out, or have to spend much time trying to figure out.

I do NOT need to use it using the car battery. I just need something that plugs in, simple to use.

I purchased this one from Amazon and have had no issues with it. I pumps fairly quickly and doesn't overheat if you follow the instructions. It works best indoors with cooler temps and low humidity. I put a better moisture filter on mine. I paid $325 which included tax and free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZS516DX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Have this one for a year with no problem, wall plug in or car battery if needed
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.41.55 PM.jpg

Reactions: jmohme
I like the idea, especially because I can only fill mine to around 250 bar with the 300cc tank with my 4500 scuba tank but beware on what you buy on Amazon make sure u get something with good reviews and make sure has a good filter. I once bought a cheap hand pump for my first leshiy2 and I ended up blowing it up and once I looked inside the whole stock needed rebuilding, tons of white crap inside it.
I’ll be following this thread cause I’m also interested in getting a compressor. But I’m just lucky that dive shop not too far and it’s $7 a fill but would be nice to top off my gun to 300 bar before a hunting trip

How do you like the external power supply? I thought it might be a pain but on second thought it might help keep the unit cool...
It's the external power supply that takes the heat, warm to the touch, I added a Air Filter Water-Oil Sparator but note not much in the filters as far as water or oil at all
Get the added Amazon coverage will give you peace of mind too

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.53.22 PM.jpg

Yong Heng - I've had mine for a couple years, just started shooting a lot more so she's getting a work out about once a week. SENCO Oil 10oz worth. Keep it less than 50ºC, I add Ice to the water bucket and it can run for a really long time. I fill my guppy tank and my guns from it.
I didn't buy the auto cut off, just in case I wasn't there when it cut off, I stick around while I'm filling. Get a good moisture separator, it's a must have, should be sized for the compressor.

Smitty

Reactions: Yandeltx
View attachment 283203
I have the version of this without the box/casing.

I think I've had mine for almost a year now, similarly no problems. I think I paid a little over $200 for my pump. Prices, unfortunately, have gone up.

VEVORbrand PCP Air Compressor, 4500PSI Portable PCP Compressor, 12V DC/110V AC PCP Airgun Compressor Manual-stop, w/ External Power Adapter, Built-in Fan,for Paintball, Air Rifle, Scuba Bottle https://www.walmart.com/ip/557751365
Funny yours dont list this one in the model options , its got the built in inverter

Anyway another vevor option in his price range.. ( one i got saved just in case )

Good luck.

A factor to consider is the speed with which they fill the guns. I think it was Target Forge produced a video comparing a 12V compressor he likes to his YH and the 12V took about 10 times as long to fill the gun. Maybe not a huge issue to those blessed with more patience than I have.

A YH takes a little effort to get set up and there is a little additional cost but it is not at all hard. You need a bucket of some sort for cooling water (I use an old drywall bucket) and some oil. It comes with everything else that is absolutely required. I use Nuvair 751 oil. I mail order it. Many of us add on things like a higher capacity cooling pump and an extra filter for the air coming out but you could certainly fill guns with just a bucket and some oil. A quart will fill the pump and give you at least one change.

You put the pump that looks like it belongs in a fish aquarium in the bucket, cut the supplied tubing in half or something like that, put one piece on the pump outlet and run that to the YH and then take the other piece and run that back into the bucket. Put some water in the bucket and you can fill your gun.

I fill my SCBA tank with mine and then fill the guns from that. If you pump that long the moisture might overload the little cotton filter in the YH outlet so an additional air filter is a good idea. But if you just fill guns and check the cotton filter before fills I think it would be adequate. You can get a whole bag of the cotton filters from allibabba for a few dollars. I use the cheaper black extra filter for the air, I think it cost about $50. I also added a computer radiator to mine but that is just to get more run time to fill the SCBA tank. For gun filling the YH will not get hot enough to need additional cooling. If you are worried about it getting hot you can also put ice in the cooling water.

View attachment 283203
I have the exact same one and use it almost daily. It pumps up my Prophet Performance to 4500psi with no problems, but I do only run it 3 to 5 minutes and then let it cool down a few minutes.

Edit: Mine has the built in power supply.

Reactions: Goldwing