• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Budget Compressor recommendation

I have the exact same one and use it almost daily. It pumps up my Prophet Performance to 4500psi with no problems, but I do only run it 3 to 5 minutes and then let it cool down a few minutes.

Edit: Mine has the built in power supply.
Maybe I should do the wait 5 minute thing to, considering how hot the weather has been, great compressor
Thanks

Reactions: jmohme
I'm new here and I just want to add that I've heard good things about the California Air Tools 8010A. It's on the higher end of your budget, but it's worth the investment in the long run. It's easy to use and maintain, and it's pretty quiet compared to other compressors.
I totally feel you on the Yong Heng compressor - it can be overwhelming with all the oils, water, pumps, and hoses. Stick with something that's simple and straightforward.
And speaking of finances, have you checked out Money Patrol's personal financial dashboard? It's a great tool for keeping track of your spending and saving goals. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a bonus recommendation.

Last edited:
I ordered the 175$ tuxing basic model, straight from their factory in china: https://www.tuxingcn.com/tuxing-txe...airgun-pneumatic-rifle-inflator-p2792115.html

Select the 220v version and save 35 dollars--you can flip the switch in the 12 volt converter to 120V ac when it arrives. It shipped from Los angeles and arrived in less than a week. After a a few months of constant use, it still works well.
what do you mean flip the switch? like a physical switch that allows me to directly plug it into my home wall outlet?

Hi puppadore
The vevor or tuxing will serve you well if you get a good one.
Get internal power supply it's just easier
Most of these compressors use the same internals as the much more expensive nomad.
Change filter inside pump and separator regularly and oil the pump every 20 fills
Some vevor are oiless.
Mine had bad crank bearing from factory so I replaced with a cam bearing with same diameter.
Still going strong 2 years later.
Very easy to take apart and repair and should come with a bag of spares