Budget .25 cal choices?

IMO the best rifle under $800 are the Sumatras. Actually, I think they're the best all around hunting airguns. Some people don't like the look and the noise but if you're looking for accuracy and power they can't be beat. The smaller carbine model will match most guns in power and accuracy and the long 2500 will give too much power. It's easy to get LDCs made for them so the noise can be tamed.

I hadn't even considered the Sumatras, guess I'll have to do some looking on those as well. For me it has a fairly nice look about it, but for me I think anything I pick up will be a used rifle. My plans are to have my Disco and Trail NP which I feel are very backyard friendly .22's, a relatively quiet .25 for hunting anything below deer size, and then a .30 or higher for deer.

Last part was slightly off topic, but I figure I should limit myself to 3 PCP guns that aren't expensive, and have the Trail as a backup pest gun in case the Disco develops a leak down the line.

After looking at the Sumatra I'd have to say its awfully tempting if a good used one shows up. I like the power option it presents, and the overall look is one I'm real fond of.

I had a bit of trouble finding LDC options though besides having a custom one made, or ordering one from Wolf Airguns. It would be a must since where I intend to use a .25 cal at I'd be contending with nosey neighbors within several acres distance of my property. I've heard shotguns and rifles in the distance, but I'd rather stick to my rule I keep with all my neighbors where ever I live. Keep to ourselves and keep the noise down and we'll be fine.

I am a relative newcomer to airgunning. But I must say my .25 Marauder exceeded my expectations. I use it on factory tune and get a pretty good 16 shot string---flattest with the Benjamin 28 grain. Probably 22 usuable shots above 800 fps. It is an air hog, but I am still using the pump I got with my Disco. I use it for varmints as well. Compared to my .22 Disco it hits like a hammer. It is really solid--you just get the sense it is a rifle that can give you many years of service.
As for the damn credit cards, don't worry. When you get the gun you want it will be your gun--without monthly interest.

It was a tough decision, but I think I've made it. I'm going to do my best to land a Marauder, but the Sumatra was a close second. The Marauder better fits my application. It's relatively quiet, replacement parts and mods like the HDD and air tube extension are out there, and the lighter weight. While I want a lot of power to give me more options it would be far easier for me later on to buy a big bore for that purpose. The largest animal I figure I may have to tackle is a coyote at best, but I'm far more likely to run into raccoons and opossums. Naturally it will probably become my go to gun for squirrels and rabbits this fall.

I really appreciate the advice everyone has thrown my way so far, and anymore that folks want to send my way on this.

Yes, that'd be the extension tube I was referring to. For a .25 Marauder it looks like a good way to get past the 15 or 16 good shots I've heard they usually get before having to refill. Hopefully I can find a review or two soon on it and see how much volume it adds to the air tube. I already know my new CF tank should be able to fill my Disco up about 100 times, and I expect to see at least 40 fills from it for a Marauder.

I've read good things about the HDD for the Gen 1, but haven't seen anything yet on what the Gen 2 HDD can do.

I managed to scrape up half the cash for a wood Marauder .25 that I bought on Amazon. Going through the budget route I picked a 4x16 40AO Center Point scope, AccuShot high profile rings, and a 150ct tin of JSB 25.4g pellets. So with any luck I'll be able to have it sighted in for around 35 to 40yds this holiday weekend.

Plus squirrel season begins here in the middle of August, and I figured I need at least a few weekends of practice in before I feel comfortable enough shooting at the tree rats to protect the 3 pecan trees.

Im not a fan of auto safety either, but will say the ambi safety on the AT44 is right where I put my thumb when I shoulder, even before I set my trigger finger. I personally find the trigger to be pretty good, following some adjustment. Ive gotten 3 of my 6 Hatsans from Airgunproshop. 2 of those and 1 new from AD had to be returned to HatsanUSA. I had good experiences with Hatsan for each situation and beyond. In fact, when I returned the refubs, I received new rifles. 

Both your choices fairly easy to work on, and Travis at WAR is IP in making aftermarket performance parts. The mag in the Mrod is more accepting of longer ammo, though AT44 accepts 31gr Bcuddas and I think I saw someone write about the JSB 33gr. Both good (can be excellent, just comes to personal preference.