Budget $2000 for Compressor. Any suggestions?

Coltri MCH-6 electric was $2900.00, I picked it up from the Nuvair warehouse, Gas option is cheaper by $400.00 last time I checked.

I maybe confusing the numbers, but sometime last year I though I recalled seeing a gas powered Coltri MCH-6 on sale for $1999. I could be mistaken. I haven’t looked at them closely in a while.

Considering that prices on most things have increased since the new year this looks like that $1999 pricing with the addition a recent price hike. https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/coltri-mch6-sh-232-bar-gasoline-portable-compressor/137540618/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=10622861&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz_6nh4XL9QIVJilMCh0fvQvWEAQYASABEgIOafD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then here’s the newer gas powered Coltri Icon model https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/coltri-mch6-em-portable-compressor-232-bar/137540606/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=10622848&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz_6nh4XL9QIVJilMCh0fvQvWEAQYAiABEgIsfvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The two above posts are for price reference. I don’t know a thing about this site they’re posted on.

I found the post I was looking for when I was researching compressors. I was mistaken. Nuvair had the gas powered units on sale for $2500 as another member correctly stated in this thread. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/nuvair-mch6-on-sale/

Pardon me for misquoting the Coltri MCH-6 price for those of you trying to bargain shop within a fixed budget. I did see a $2000 Coltri ad somewhere last year, it just wasn’t on Nuvair’s site.

On the Nuvair website the sale price for the gas engine model was for $2500.00, I had the website saved, but looks like they took it down, you might want to check the reviews on the $1999.00 compressor link you have, not very favorable. 

Got some price quotes from Nuair for the following compressors.

Coltri MCH6 Gas = $2,700

Coltri MCH6 220V = $2,700

Coltri MCH3 110v 20amp wall socket = $2,700

The guy won't budge on the price. He mentioned the gas model was cheaper at around Aug 2021 last year due to promotion. Also asked why the inferior MCH3 model costs the same as MCH6 model and the sales guys says he doesn't know.

I'm currently looking at Daystate 4500 psi compressor 110v 30 Amp from AOA right now but confused has heck on how to connect that thing to a power outlet. The sales guy says the compressor comes with a RV plug and need some kind of step down converter if connects to a 240v dryer outlet and an adapter for to RV plug or hire an electrician to install 220v outlet. But then again, why does this compressor comes with a RV plug? Anybody knows how this thing work and chime in?

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/compressors/daystate-4500-psi-compressor-110v/#tab-3

cccal
On the Nuvair website the sale price for the gas engine model was for $2500.00, I had the website saved, but looks like they took it down, you might want to check the reviews on the $1999.00 compressor link you have, not very favorable. 

@cccal You may want to take a closer look at what I posted in regards to the Scubastore links and the previous Nuvair sale pricing. Your response reads as if I said absolutely nothing about both points you’re attempting to raise here. 

@Archdesigner03 Thank you for listing updated price quotes. It appears the prices on several HPA compressors, among other things, have risen. Alkin compressor prices also recently increased $200-$300 around the beginning of the year I believe. It may still be worth it to shop around for a used high-end compressor. If you do and have questions, I highly recommend contacting @Humdinger with compresor questions. He’s a valuable resource when it comes to HPA compressors. I’m speaking from experience and I’m sure he won’t mind you contacting him with questions. @Bigragu was also very helpful to me in researching compressors. Both men have experience with purchasing used high-end compressors. There are certainly other members here who have knowledge on the topic and have also helped me, but these are people who have been tremendously helpful, reliable, and whose advice I have used to my own benefit. 

cccal

@cccal You may want to take a closer look at what I posted in regards to the Scubastore links and the previous Nuvair sale pricing. Your response reads as if I said absolutely nothing about both points you’re attempting to raise here.

My apologies sir, this was not a reply to your post but it belonged in the body of this thread, my mistake, please accept my apologies.

Kidde compressors we’re a complicated design but very well built compressors. Haven’t seen one for sale in a long time. Not sure if they are even being made anymore. If they are no longer made getting parts when you need them is going to be a nightmare. Your best bet is just save up for an Alkin.

Agreed on some of the parts availability. It is my understanding that Jim had sold a lot of his stuff to a company in Texas. I will have to look through my notes and see if I can find the name and number. They carry some parts, and can make some (or could, when I talked with them.

Also agree they are well built. I love mine. I also like the fact that they are continuous duty rated. I have had mine to 5500 psi, and Jim has stated that he has had them to 8k on the bench.

DW

I'm currently looking at Daystate 4500 psi compressor 110v 30 Amp from AOA right now but confused has heck on how to connect that thing to a power outlet. The sales guy says the compressor comes with a RV plug and need some kind of step down converter if connects to a 240v dryer outlet and an adapter for to RV plug or hire an electrician to install 220v outlet. But then again, why does this compressor comes with a RV plug? Anybody knows how this thing work and chime in?

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/compressors/daystate-4500-psi-compressor-110v/#tab-3

I have a Daystate LC-110 from AOA dated 2019. I have 17 hours on it. All my research shows it's a Coltri MC-3 EM LC. It is a 3-stage and fits your price range. Mine has a molded 110/120V plug to it; it's a normal phase, common, ground 3 prong plug similar to a molex computer power plug. I have it plugged into a 20 amp circuit but it's the same NEMA type as a household 15 amp receptacle. If you're having to do custom wiring might as well do 220/240V. This is strange to me... anyone got more details on this 110/120V and 30A requirement?

This must be something new. My motor plate says 14.5A @ 60Hz/110V at 1680 RPM.

I have been very happy with my LC-110 for filling my 90cu-in Ninja bottle.

Even in their video it's just a standard household plug, same as mine, in the LC-110:

Screenshot at 2022-01-25 14-40-11.1643143310.png

I would not recommend the AV4500 compressor. Mine has been in twice for repairs, and I am currently still waiting on its return. It had 34 hours on it the second time it went back and it has been cared for with high quality oil, more than frequent oil changes, 4300 fills instead of 4500, etc, etc. The AV4500's are very hit and miss, and at its price point that's not acceptable. As mentioned the price of compressors has risen recently with inflation. I picked up an Alkin in November of last year just before the price hikes and couldn't be happier. I would recommend saving a little more and going with a Coltri at the minimum if you're not looking for a compressor repair hobby to go along with your shooting hobby.

In the past two weeks someone in California advertised several compressors including an MCH-6 on this forum. If it isn't still available, call Carlos Kuster in Ft. Lauderdale. He rebuilds lightly used Bauers and has sold several that were under $2,000. I bought one several years ago and never should have sold it. Five years after I bought it, it is still running like new for a commercial paintball field in my city. 

If you must buy new and refuse to go up to $2500 for a new MCH-6 from Nuvair in California, then buy an MCH-3 from them. It is head and shoulders better made and more durable than any Omega compressor. There are lots of threads just like the O.P. of this thread that have several broken Chinese compressors and sitll haven't gotten the hint that another incrementally higher purchase of another one (in this case an Omega) is still a Plug and Pray purchase.

Isn’t the Mh—6 the same as the Daystate branded compressor AoA is selling with the 30 amp plug? I never got my head around AoA‘s explanation of them blowing out their fuses bc Coltri “changed” something. I returned the Daystate Coltri as I did not want to risk burning my house down, but wish I could have kept it bc the price is better for the Daystate-Coltri vs the outright Coltri.

Talked to AOA regarding Daystate compressor with RV plug, it's a MCH3. It's a modified version of the 220v version and they can only get it to work with the 110v 30amp rv plug for the US market. That's why it's on sale because the saving will go to an electrician to install the specialized plug. I got quoted $400 from a non licenced electrician but a licenced one won't touch it.

Nuvair MCH6 is also out of the question at the moment. Final cost including tax, shipping, and tariff from Italy ( haha) is $3227 with 6 weeks lead time.

Had also been searching used Coltri, Alkin, and Bauer in California and its non existence in $2000 price range.

The search continues...