Budget $2000 for Compressor. Any suggestions?

I have had it, my second electric compressor just broke today. This one lasted 2 months, it's the new model of GX CS3 with integrated converter stopped filing air at 1800 psi and the o-ring for the quick disconnect actually popped out as I disconnect the fill probe. The first compressor is GX CS2 that stopped pumping air only after 10 fills. No way all those positive reviews on Amazon are real, or most of it are just short term reviews. Do not trust those reviews for the GX brand! These compressors are junk!

Now, I am ready to get a higher quality compressor. Budget is $2000 and will be able to fill at last 75 cf tank. Please no Yong Hens please. I like to shoot and tune, and don't like to fix compressors. Any suggestions? Any compressor in the $1500-2000 price range that you actually have for a few years that you recommend?

I don't have a recommendation at that price point. I think that what you are going to find is that you have three choices;

- Alkin, Bauer or Coltri for double-ish your budget.

- Yong Heng, and you'll have to consider some time for maintenance,

- Or continue paying for the lottery on the compressors that may last for 2 years, or may last for two fills, or anywhere in between. From $250-$1,250.00 they all seem to be just as hit and miss.

Sadly, I am unaware of any middle ground that is proven beyond the venerable Yong Heng.

I've already paid my $300.00 for the "affordable lottery" once, and when it fails, and I know it will, I won't be doing it again. I'm also not really enthused with the idea of another hobby, maintaining a Yong heng. Time will tell which way I chose to go. I can tell you, if and when i decide to pay multi $K, at that point the die is cast and I will pony up for one of the proven machines.

Perhaps you can contact someone at Nuvair and see what the Coltri MCH-6 compressors are going for. They were around $2000-$2200 a few months back. https://www.nuvair.com/mch6-portable.htm
This compressor seems to have enough happy users on AGN. Several members have posted about their experiences using this model.

There are a couple of links to threads about members’ experiences with Coltri MCH-6 compressors in this thread https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/alkins-vs-coltri/#post-1171475

I didn't use it to fill tanks. I fill directly to a 350cc gun. After getting burned twice with the same brand of electric bump, I am planning to go a different route. Thinking about getting tanks and higher end compressor with the ability to fill tanks. Definitely not getting another GX.

That Nuair Coltri MCH-6 looks promising, will give them an email for pricing.

I’ve had the original shoebox compressor for 12 years with no problems still working, 6 months ago got the Coltri MCH-6 electric 220V, what the shoebox took one hour and forty five minutes to fill my tank from 3500PSI to 4500 PSI the Coltri does in seven minutes, life is too short, spend a little more and never look back.

77882620-8D2C-4B83-9E14-34047EE634FA.1642998607.jpeg

I have a Nardi Atlantic 100 that fills tanks. Paid north of 3 grand for it. Recently went bad after about 30 hrs of use. Only used it to fill guns. After pricing parts and availability I decided to purchase a cheap compressor until I repair the Nardi. After using this compressor for 6 months I’ve decided to put the Nardi compressor on hold for now. It fills twice as fast in a smaller footprint and can be plugged in any 11 volt 20 amp receptacle. I’ll withhold the brand per your request. :)

No matter what you spend the compressor will need serviced and repaired eventually. Spending more money didn’t guarantee longevity for me. So I decided to try a Chinese compressor for the cost of parts of the Nardi.

About a year ago I think we decided that this compressor: GX E-5K2 PCP Air Compressor was made by the same company that makes the Omega turbocharger. My compressor experience - I had an Omega Supercharger for 4 years and 255 hours of use. Bought a HP DAVV 2 cylinder https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKJ4SCP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lasted 6 months, wouldn't build pressure,Help from China was non existent. They said the problems were maintenance issues not covered by the 1 year warranty. I had a warranty thru Amazon so I got a refund. Bought an Omega Turbocharger in May and now have 19 hours on it. Very Happy again. Omega does have U.S. support if needed by the guy who imports them and sells to AOA. That is why I bought another Omega! Good luck with your decision.

Clarify filling tanks: Once you fill a new tank from 0 you will probably never do it again. I usually fill my tanks from around 3500 / 3700 PSI to 4500 PSI. I also use it to fill some of my guns as they can be filled to 300 bar / 4350 psi

In the past two weeks someone in California advertised several compressors including an MCH-6 on this forum. If it isn't still available, call Carlos Kuster in Ft. Lauderdale. He rebuilds lightly used Bauers and has sold several that were under $2,000. I bought one several years ago and never should have sold it. Five years after I bought it, it is still running like new for a commercial paintball field in my city. 

If you must buy new and refuse to go up to $2500 for a new MCH-6 from Nuvair in California, then buy an MCH-3 from them. It is head and shoulders better made and more durable than any Omega compressor. There are lots of threads just like the O.P. of this thread that have several broken Chinese compressors and sitll haven't gotten the hint that another incrementally higher purchase of another one (in this case an Omega) is still a Plug and Pray purchase.

Coltri MCH-6 electric was $2900.00, I picked it up from the Nuvair warehouse, Gas option is cheaper by $400.00 last time I checked.

I maybe confusing the numbers, but sometime last year I though I recalled seeing a gas powered Coltri MCH-6 on sale for $1999. I could be mistaken. I haven’t looked at them closely in a while.

Considering that prices on most things have increased since the new year this looks like that $1999 pricing with the addition a recent price hike. https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/coltri-mch6-sh-232-bar-gasoline-portable-compressor/137540618/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=10622861&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz_6nh4XL9QIVJilMCh0fvQvWEAQYASABEgIOafD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then here’s the newer gas powered Coltri Icon model https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/coltri-mch6-em-portable-compressor-232-bar/137540606/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=10622848&country=us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz_6nh4XL9QIVJilMCh0fvQvWEAQYAiABEgIsfvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The two above posts are for price reference. I don’t know a thing about this site they’re posted on.

I found the post I was looking for when I was researching compressors. I was mistaken. Nuvair had the gas powered units on sale for $2500 as another member correctly stated in this thread. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/nuvair-mch6-on-sale/

Pardon me for misquoting the Coltri MCH-6 price for those of you trying to bargain shop within a fixed budget. I did see a $2000 Coltri ad somewhere last year, it just wasn’t on Nuvair’s site.