Buddy Tank In The Field?

.... i did this same thing mentioned above : " I use a 68 ci tank with a 2900 psi output to refill mine away from the house or to teather it when shooting from the bench. Also have another with 1800 psi output for my Discovery. Refill them after use from my large tanks or mostly with my compressor. " .....however , i have an old walnut .22 discovery and it fills to 2000 psi for about 25 good, 23 ftlb shots . my 68 ci tank was metal and had to eventually be re-hydroed , but i avoided that by filling from a medium size 44 cf tank (too expensive - $300) . my output regulated at 2000 psi from the ninja thing atop the bottle gave me 3-4 really quick, effecient refills that i needed when in the field. that pony tank cost me around 120 off ebay . i put that in my water hydration backpack with pellets and some survival needs (toilet paper, lighter, knife, etc . and i put my crosman pellet pouch on my belt with about 100 jsb pellets . i shot whatever i desired , turtles, grackles , just like a kid , and lasted 4-6 hours . i kinda slowed down on all that plinking when i realized that my backpack was as heavy as the handpump . ( a shoulder caryy strap can be arranged to carry your pump upside down on your back , but the tank is less awkward shoulder straps were $10 from walmart . use the strap to lock in the pump handle. ) .both the benji handpump and the 3000 psi metal pony tank were about 6 lbs. that's about how much my scoped disco weighs , so that sucked . ....... if i were you , i would search to find an extra bottle for your gauntlet , man , see if you can remove the bottle easy enough out there with out a lot of tools or loosing little poop in the dirt / leaves / rain . . some bottle guns switch out bottles easily and hatsan had some with extra air cylinders to switch out in the field . that would only be an extra 25 shots , but that .25 gauntlet looks too powerful to plink around with... other than that , try the 90 ci 4500 psi cf buddy tank. maybe you'll get three refills , its lighter - but $$ . one last thing , all these cautioning high pressure parts made in china ?? your gun is made there . i find cheap hpa stuff and silencers on wish.com . but i donnot have anything that fills over 2800 psi . .. these damn russian guns that fill to damn near 4500 psi ?? that should be treated very carefully - like gunpowder . even at 1000 psi , my disco blew the fill adaptor rt thu my pc monitor and into the sheetrock wall ... i was really wondering why that end cap was so hard to unscrew , i failed to check that all air was out of tube... one time i blew a hose adptor thru the shop where i was testing repaired benjamin / air force pumps . loud, scary, dangerous . it stripped the threads rt out of the alumim base and the dead head became a bullet. - just explaining that it may have been too dangerous if i hadnt started with a benji pump that i traded a mike mellik tuned bam 26 (good r9 clone) for . i never meant to get hooked on pcp , but i have had my disco longer than any other airgun nowdays . ( but i am just not needing to spend thousands of dollars on any pelletgun stuff ............. maybe a whiscombe that i knew i had a buyer for........) . . dont get too comfortable around hpa , or even warm co2 - especially if you skip the pumping phase . call umarex and ask them about an extra gauntlet fill bottle to change out in the field - probably around 100 buck from them , but you may need another adaptor / regulator they have. hope that helps. ive been interested in these .25 gauntlets , too. just wish the .25 mrods got more shots per fill , huh ? - paul .

The fx impact gets a ridiculous amount of shots per fill in .22 cal i think its 120 shots and you can buy extra bottles that have valves in them to carry if needed. I own the .25cal and get 70+ shots with the JSB king 25gr pellets at over 900fps. Its an expensive gun but buy once and cry once is my motto. Just something to think about.

I just did that with my crossbow and I said the same exact quote to my buddies when they asked how much it was. Which model is your gun in .25 is it the impact like the .22 you mentioned and where did you purchase it?

Its a .25 with original smooth twist barrel i bought 2yrs ago from AOA. I was going to get the 700mm upgraded barrel but my groups are so accurate i decided against it.
1554378021_20191736995ca5ed25aa5c40.42837158_12321.jpg
this is my best 5 shot group at 60 yards not that i can shoot that every time. average group at that range for me ctc is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch at that distance

Shop carefully on e-bay for the 68 ci bottles and you can maybe find one still in hydro pretty cheap. I got one for $20. Had to buy one of the Chineese regulators for $20 also. They are available, just have to shop for them.

Are the 68ci tanks you guys referring to the steel ones, also what hose adapter are you using