Buddy Tank In The Field?

I take my buddy tank if I believe I am going shoot more than one fill on the gun which is seldom. I try to travel light. But they are handy to have.

As for a recommendation, just make sure the hose where it comes out of the bottle has a strain relief. The hose can kink right at the end of the fitting. Mine did. Had to make my own. Was a bit of a challenge. 

I cannot recommend the 90 cu-in Ninja tank with EZ valve enough. I've used it about 14 times now and the valve/gauge assembly is what does it for me. Screw down, fill, screw up to turn off and it closes the valve and bleeds the line at the same time. Gauges for the tank and for the fill hose. I did a head-to-head kind of convenience bake-off with a Benjamin Traveler and the tank and the tank won. ~2 seconds to fill a Gamo Urban and about ~3 seconds to fill a 480cc Brocock Commander.

The challenging part is finding a compressor that'll take the bottle to 4500 PSI without crapping out.

I cannot recommend the 90 cu-in Ninja tank with EZ valve enough. I've used it about 14 times now and the valve/gauge assembly is what does it for me. Screw down, fill, screw up to turn off and it closes the valve and bleeds the line at the same time. Gauges for the tank and for the fill hose. I did a head-to-head kind of convenience bake-off with a Benjamin Traveler and the tank and the tank won. ~2 seconds to fill a Gamo Urban and about ~3 seconds to fill a 480cc Brocock Commander.

The challenging part is finding a compressor that'll take the bottle to 4500 PSI without crapping out.

Where did you get yours from?

I know right? I can only assume because the paintball stuff is 2900-3000 PSI and this one is 4500 PSI. I figure entry into this hobby is done via a few ways:

• Low cost entry rifle - Gamo Urban, P-Rod, etc.
    • Pump with a hand pump until that gets old
    • Upgrade to a portable compressor like the Nomad, etc
    • Total cost < ~$1000 USD
  • Then, get a better rifle because of $reasons
    • Hand pumping a 400cc/480cc/500cc bottle sucks
    • Use the portable compressor until it blows up, is too inconvenient, OR get a buddy bottle
    • Find out nothing below $2K will actually pump to 4500 PSI before it destroys itself
    • Total cost = Initial cost + $1200-1600 USD rifle + $400 nice bottle setup
  • Time for a compressor, filling sucks, compressor is dead and you've got this wicked nice rifle you can't shoot.
    • Another $2000
  • Blank angry stare from the wife/husband/significant other as you explain spending $6K for what was supposed to initially be an "inexpensive hobby that costs way less than shooting powder burners"

OR

• You just shell out $6K from the onset and go big because $reasons

OR

• Sell it all and go back to another hobby/shooting powder burners

LOL :)

Reactions: JungleShooter
For $400ish get a full size scba and walk back to your truck as needed?

You could buy a $100.00 4,500psi larger size paintball tanks then get the correct valve/fittings/hose from someone like bestfittings for around $50.00 and have a nice small portable fill bottle.

Naturally you do need the correct threads, lot's of good information in the "airtanks,pumps&compressors" section of the forum.

John

For $400ish get a full size scba and walk back to your truck as needed?

You could buy a $100.00 4,500psi larger size paintball tanks then get the correct valve/fittings/hose from someone like bestfittings for around $50.00 and have a nice small portable fill bottle.

Naturally you do need the correct threads, lot's of good information in the "airtanks,pumps&compressors" section of the forum.

John

That is what I was looking to do more, I have a guy locally that wants to sell his paintball tank for $20 it has a date of 2005 and would need a hydro testing is that worth it or do I just buy a used paintball tank for or the one linked earlier in the $100 range?

The fx impact gets a ridiculous amount of shots per fill in .22 cal i think its 120 shots and you can buy extra bottles that have valves in them to carry if needed. I own the .25cal and get 70+ shots with the JSB king 25gr pellets at over 900fps. Its an expensive gun but buy once and cry once is my motto. Just something to think about.

I just did that with my crossbow and I said the same exact quote to my buddies when they asked how much it was. Which model is your gun in .25 is it the impact like the .22 you mentioned and where did you purchase it?

I know right? I can only assume because the paintball stuff is 2900-3000 PSI and this one is 4500 PSI. I figure entry into this hobby is done via a few ways:

• Low cost entry rifle - Gamo Urban, P-Rod, etc.
    • Pump with a hand pump until that gets old
    • Upgrade to a portable compressor like the Nomad, etc
    • Total cost < ~$1000 USD
  • Then, get a better rifle because of $reasons
    • Hand pumping a 400cc/480cc/500cc bottle sucks
    • Use the portable compressor until it blows up, is too inconvenient, OR get a buddy bottle
    • Find out nothing below $2K will actually pump to 4500 PSI before it destroys itself
    • Total cost = Initial cost + $1200-1600 USD rifle + $400 nice bottle setup
  • Time for a compressor, filling sucks, compressor is dead and you've got this wicked nice rifle you can't shoot.
    • Another $2000
  • Blank angry stare from the wife/husband/significant other as you explain spending $6K for what was supposed to initially be an "inexpensive hobby that costs way less than shooting powder burners"

OR

• You just shell out $6K from the onset and go big because $reasons

OR

• Sell it all and go back to another hobby/shooting powder burners

LOL :)

Best Post Ever!!!