Buck Rail 3-D Printed Silencers DIDN'T work on my 1322 and 1377 Crosman Pistols

I was looking to add quietness to my Crosman 1377 and 1322 pistols and came across some 3-D printed silencers made by Buck Rail, that didn't cost a lot. So, I bought two 3-D printed silencers. Each one came in two pieces, something to fit onto the end of the barrel, and then the silencer, which screwed onto the piece on the barrel. Both silencers looked to be identical. It sure looked like what I was looking for. BUT IT WASN'T.

Neither was a good fit (both were too tight), but the one for the 1377 was flat out awful. I had installed the one for my 1322 first and only needed to use the palm of my hand to press it on. After screwing on the silencer, I shot it a few times and it was quieter. So, I was happy.

But the one for the 1377 was an awful fit, Against my better judgement, I used a rubber hammer to tap it into place on the end of the 1377's barrel. But in doing that, the barrel must have shaved up a piece of the silencer's plastic insides (I could see it, later) and the 1377 never shot accurately again – didn't even hit the target, from about 7 yards away. And It was the dickens to get it back off. Well, shortly thereafter I went to shoot the 1322 again and dog-gone-it, nothing came out. Somehow the 3-D printed silencer had interfered with that gun's pellet, too - the pellet was stuck in the barrel where the silencer adapter was sitting. I used a cleaning rod press the pellet downward and out the breech

So, I have removed both of the 3-D printed silencers and the guns are "stock" again and shooting well. Getting the thing off the end of the 1322's barrel was no problem, but getting the one off the 1377 was a pain. I ended up removing the barrel so I could get some leverage, gripping the barrel in my leather padded vise, and by using my heat gun eventually got it back off. What seemed like a good idea at the time didn't turn out to be. Both 3-D printed silencers are in the trash can, now. I'm gonna just leave the two pistols as they are.

I started this thread not to "bad-mouth" Buck Rail, because I sure liked their idea, but just to let you guys know of my experiences with these two 3-D printed silencers as they pertain to my Crosman air pistols.

Contact him, let him know, and I'll bet he refunds your money. I looked over his site, and he has refunded someone else.

Work with him as it's a learning process for him as well.

I have one I just got, also, and had to "tap on" the barrel band, to get it on but it shoots wonderful and is quiet.

Most of my shooting is indoors.

JMHO.

Contact him, let him know, and I'll bet he refunds your money. I looked over his site, and he has refunded someone else.

Work with him as it's a learning process for him as well.

I have one I just got, also, and had to "tap on" the barrel band, to get it on but it shoots wonderful and is quiet.

Most of my shooting is indoors.

JMHO.

I sent him an e-mail, and am waiting to hear back.

All my shooting is outdoors, in my yard.

I sure have no complaint against Terry Harman. He read my email, apologized and gave me a full refund. I do think he has a good idea with his 3-D printer products and am sorry that the ones he made for my Crosman Pistols didn't work.

And with his customer service, and willingness to make things right, wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

I know this is an older post but I thought I'd add a comment. I've got the Buck-Rail silencer on my 1377 and 2300s and I've had no problems. Everything I've purchased from Buck-Rail just works, others may make a better looking and more expensive product but I'm happy with my silencers, scope mounts, scope, red dots, AR style rifle stock and barrel bands with picatinny rails. I just ordered a silencer for my Crosman 2240XL because it was $25.00. I've been using the TKO silencer that also fits my Webley Nemesis but wanted one I could leave permanently attached. If the new silencer does the job it'll go on the Nemesis and the TKO on the 2240XL or the other way around.

I realize this is an older post..

I just thought I would post my personal experiences with these. A year later..

By the website these are later generation units. I bought the newest release.. It is a 30 cal model..

You can see in the pics.. The 30 cal is a can style not a tapered one..

I am shooting 25 cal but they advised to get the 30 for the 25 cal guns to avoid needing to touch up the inside diameter in some cases.. To avoid clipping..

I tried this on 3 of my 25 cal guns

1) Hatsan AT-44 (non QE)

***the most effective.. Honestly I had no idea how much mechanical noise this gun has until the BARK was mostly removed..

2) Hatsan Galation

*** helps quite a bit.. The new sound now is a combination between a snap and mechanical sound.. A bit noisier then the AT 44.

3) Avenger wood stock..

*** this is the strange one.. This gun is shroaded but has a bit more sound then the Galation and more yet then the AT 44???

This one has a healthy snap with the bit of barrel bark.. It also has a Donny FL inset adaptor..

Would I buy again.. Yes I would keeping in mind they are 40 bucks..

Be Well All

Resizer_16680921286351.jpg

Resizer_16680921357213.jpg

Resizer_16680921473085.jpg