• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results BSCA 8-14-2021 FT Match Results (Binghamton, NY)

BCSA August 14 th, 2021 Mach Report

Well, after an interesting tropical like week, we were curious to see how the day would turnout for match day! The day started near the 70’s and the humidity from the past week hung on for sight-in and for the start match. As the day progressed. The weather turned out fantastic! A few peaks of sun, low humidity and unfortunately, only the slightest of breezes.

We had a light turnout with just 13 people on hand for the day. Jerry LaRocca and Tom Wade made their first trips to BCSA this season. There was a lot of catching up and chit chat during the sight-in session. After an hour of making sure things were set, we headed over to the FT range.

The course of fire was 10 lanes with 3 targets per lane. 2 shots per target with the shooting order being left, middle, right. There was also the usual 1 standing lane and 1 kneeling lane. The stats for the days 60 shot course are as follows:

I called a cold line shortly after we started. As I was lining up to shoot the second target on the first lane, I noticed a couple of small branches fell due to the previous nights storms. It could have been shot through, but I figured since I was the first shooter that I’d remedy the situation right off the bat. No other cold lines or issues for the remainder of the match.

When all was said and done, there ended up being 5 scores in the 50’s! Brian Van Liew took Match high honors for the day with a 55! Following right behind Brian was Dennis Himes with a 54, Thomas Himes with a 53, Jerry LaRocca with a 52 and Thomas Wade with a 51!!! Excellent shooting to all!

After the conclusion of the rifle match, a bunch of the competitors jumped in and helped pick up and pack away the rifle targets while my wife and Kevin Kunkle pulled the strings for the pistol targets, thanks you 2!

After a short break and some goodbyes to those not participating in the second match, we took to the lanes for the pistol/low powered non magnified match! Nathan Thomas shot 2 classes, Limited Pistol and low powered with his Diana 75. Brian Van Liew shot Hunter Pistol with his custom FX Elite. The remainder of us all shot the low powered rifle class. Thomas Himes was rocking a newly acquired Crosman Challenger, Paul Manktelow was using his Air Venturi Bronco with a RedDot and Louis Hopewell was using his pawn shop found HW35 that he got for 1 heck of a deal…….less than 1/3 of retail!

The course of fire was 10 lanes with 2 targets per lane. 2 shots per target with the shooting order being left, right. There were 2 standing lanes and the stats for the days 40 shot course are as follows:

Nathan and Brian both were less than a handful of points away from a clean match. Nathan had a 36 while Brian shot a 35! Nice job you 2! Thomas Himes has his new toy dialed in! He shot an impressive 31 which was well ahead of the low powered rifle pack!

After the conclusion of the match, those of us remaining jumped in and made super quick work of the cleanup.! All the help is GREATLY appreciated!

Below are a few pictures with the rest of them located here:

https://imgur.com/a/FxyASVy

The Results:

Rifle Match Results (60 shot match):

Pistol Match Results (40 shot match):