• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results BSCA 6-12-2021 FT Match Results (Binghamton, NY)

BCSA June 12th, 2021 Match Report

Ivm4VWu.jpg
[/url][/img]

Another Great Day at BCSA (Broome County Sportsmens Assoc. - Binghamton, NY)! My wife Pat and I just finished pulling strings at around 7:00am when I noticed our first participant for the day pull in. We went back over to the parking lot and said our hellos to Tom and Eileen Ryan and there chocolate lab Zinc! This was Tom’s first trip up to our range. After some catching up, Tom, Pat and I got the sight-in range set and were ready for the rest of the competitors for the day to arrive. Little by little, people began arriving. We ended up with 19 shooters for the day. Besides it being Tom’s first trip, Keith Walters joined us! He and his wife were in the area and he thought he come and shoot a match with us! Great to have you both there today!

After sight-in, we made our way over to the Field Target Range while Pat, Eileen and Zinc cleaned up all the sight-in targets and stuff! Thanks ladies!!! The layout for the match was similar but different to the last match. 15 of the 30 targets beyond 40 yards (6 of which were beyond 50 yards) with 1 standing and 1 kneeling lane for a difficulty this time of 33.30T

There were no cold lines during the match, BUT there was an unruly target! Tom Himes noticed that the long target (a 36 yarder with a 1.5” KZ) on the standing lane fell with a face hit on his second shot. I told him since we weren’t doing awards to be honest with himself as far as the score. I also asked him to take some extra shots at that target after he finished that lane to verify that it fell more times then not with face hits. After his verification, I notified everyone of the issue and said shoot it but be honest with their scores on it. No other issues!

tAzPrUF.jpg
[/url][/img]

Y2Wdzq2.jpg
[/url][/img]

6saVhJH.jpg
[/url][/img]

pdLepxX.jpg
[/url][/img]

There was a breeze that popped up a few times, but nothing that made the PCP shooters hold out of the KZ. Not sure about the Piston shooters, but if they did it probably wasn’t on too many shots. The Match High score for the day, a 54/60 went to Dennis Himes followed by a 52/60 posted by Keith Walters! Nice shooting Gentlemen! Tom Himes started out on track to meet or exceed those scores but developed rifle issues and had to take a DNF. Kevin Kunkle pulled his LGU out of storage, checked his zero, came to the match and posted a nice 37/60 in Hunter Piston with it! Chuck Senkus made some adjustments to his Hunter PCP setup from the last match and posted a nice 38/60 which was enough to tie Rick Vaeth! Jim Danvers set aside his Marauder and brought along his Taipan Veteran in 0.177. Jim scored a 31/60 with the new setup! Mike Norris got reacquainted with his long lost eye cuff and shot a nice 44/60. Guess his eye cuff forgave him pretty quick! After the rifle match was complete, there was a lot of chit chat then I asked the people remaining to help and cleanup the rifle targets and pull the strings on the pistol targets. In no time flat, the targets were loaded!

About one half of people took off after the rifle match and before the pistol match. Seemed like everybody who came out today had a great time! Hope both Tom Ryan and Keith Walters enjoyed their first trips to BCSA and hope to see them return sometime again in the future!

10 of us shot the 10m/pistol match. This time around, Eric Brewer shot both 10m and Hunter Pistol while Nathan Thomas shot both 10m and Limited Pistol. Doug Dunlap came down for a visit and shot Hunter Pistol. Paul Manktelow and myself shot our 10m rifles, Craig Evans opted for his RWS Model 6 silhouette pistol, Leo Gonzales shot it all standing with his FT rifle and Bill Campbell and Luis Hopewell shot for fun!

LB21YEG.jpg
[/url][/img]

SBjOvQh.jpg
[/url][/img]

We did have 1 cold line for the pistol match. The chain on the Gamo string got caught on the bolt at the base of the target. Quick fix and back to the action. For those looking to try something different, ask your local pistol Match Director if you can shoot a pistol match with your 10m or low powered open sighted rifle. It is definitely a fun and relaxing time! Guess the yardage….guess the hold over/under….take the shot! No other issues during the match. The pistol match consisted of a 40 shot match with 2 standing lanes and the difficulty for the match was 33.34T. Below is the summary for the match based on shooting pistol. Not sure what the multiplier id for a 580 fps rifle with open sights :)

After the match, those of us there quickly pulled the 20 targets and took down the canopies! Again, super quick teardown and GREATLY appreciated! A little more chit chat and then the final goodbyes and all were gone till next month! Paul Manktelow stuck around a little longer and helped us put all the stuff that stays at the club in the shed before he took off. That wasn’t necessary but was greatly appreciated! Thanks to all that came out and hope the ones that made their first trip enjoyed the match and the way we are set up!

The Pictures taken by Pat and Janice Himes from Saturday’s match can be seen here: 6-12-21 BCSA FT Match Photos

The Results:

Rifle Match Results (60 shot match):

Pistol Match Results (40 shot match):