• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA BSA-way late on this brand

Last I heard on these folks was the scorpion. Now I've seen the R12, CLX, CLX pro, SLX and so on. CLX being bolt action, SLX is side lever. All after the R10 went to a monoblock apparently. Saw a youtube video showing an issue with the stock being bored out too much to cause weakness where the gauge meets the block. Another was magazine issues causing pellet clipping when cycling pellet into breech. Has this been worked out BSA fans? I understand the sidelever fans but are the new bolt action really that much more than the venerable R10? Thanks

Reactions: bf1956
My R10 is over 7 yrs. old. I decided to update it with a carbon fiber bottle with my own adapter fitting while I was doing a complete reseal. Opened up port and machine valve for better air flow. Regulator was also worked on for the increased bottle air pressure. Tulip was reworked for the bigger bottle clearance. The stock I had it refinished couple of years ago to bring out the wood figure, still looking good. Getting 45 f/lbs now. Can't wait for this bad weather to clear so I can check the accuracy with this tune.

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

I've got a BSA, Defiant. A little heavy, but overall, nice. Also a nice dark, laminate stock. I've had it for a while. I had to do a little fiddling with the trigger after getting it home, as it was partially bound up, Would hardly move. Fixed that one. I don't shoot it often, but.

Then one day last week, I checked the pressure, about 150+ bar, so I loaded a magazine and started shooting.
On the second shot, or actually just...after the second shot, the air cylinder emptied itself, like it was very low on pressure, it wasn't !

I haven't looked into it yet, but it's on my list, after I replace the custom R&P (steering assembly) on one of my cars, after it stops raining...

1705986716563.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
I bought a brand new R10 SE from Airguns of Arizona. It is by far the best $800 steel and walnut rifle in my inventory. Zero complaints. Laser beam accurate. A real looker too!

I killed a Starling the other day at a lasered 79 yds with mine (.22) , its as accurate or maybe more so then my .177 HW100 and its super accurate..I got lucky and got mine on a sale sale for 699.00