• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA BSA R10?

Thinking of buying an R10 SE from AoA. Does anybody have one and can offer their opinions on it? Also curious how similar the action is compared to the Gamo Urban (made by BSA), of which I have one. The Gamo is a solid sub 1/4” shooter at 33 yards, albeit for only about 25-30 shots before refill. Is the R10 that accurate? Also curious about shot count with R10.

My BSA R10 is a beautiful airgun that gets about 70 shots per fill with a Huma regulator in .177 caliber.
The BSA R10 and the Daystate Revere/Huntsman are two mid-priced (lightweight) PCP's that are simply beautifully looking guns.
They may represent somewhat older PCP technology, but are solid/simple gun.

That said, My RAW HM1000x is on another level - but that cost $2k.

BSA R10.JPG

Reactions: mubhaur and Blejda
My BSA R10 is a beautiful airgun that gets about 70 shots per fill with a Huma regulator in .177 caliber.
The BSA R10 and the Daystate Revere/Huntsman are two mid-priced (lightweight) PCP's that are simply beautifully looking guns.
They may represent somewhat older PCP technology, but are solid/simple gun.

That said, My RAW HM1000x is on another level - but that cost $2k.

View attachment 441127
agree totally ! gorgeous stock by the way. what moderator are you rocking on that thing?

Gamo urban is based off the same platform as the BSA Techstar which the R-10 is based off of. The Urban though has a few differences from the rest of the BSA guns.

R-10s are great guns, light, pointale and super accurate. They’re fairly easy to work on if something should go wrong. My R10 made it 10 years before I needed to do a partial reseal and then another 2 before I needed to replace the reg.

One knock would be shot count. You can make an anti bounce device pretty easily or it reallly bothers you, eBay Uk sellers sell different parts to increase efficiency but you need to partially take it apart. XTX’s videos are a great ref if you ever need to.

Reactions: Danoh
That is beautiful! Thanks for replying. Is the bottle 200 or 280CC? Conflicting information on AoAs website. I'll probably call them when they open.
Thanks,
Dan
Hey Dan,
I thought that maybe a question after my post....

I got 70 shots per fill at 900 fps using JSB 10.35 grain pellet with a 200cc bottle.
The bottle mysteriously broke off the gun due to excessive moisture, corroding the brass coupler. This was caused using my Benjamin pump.
I then purchased a 280cc bottle and SS coupler since I now have a compressor - no moisture issues.

BSA Buddy Bottle Break.jpg

agree totally ! gorgeous stock by the way. what moderator are you rocking on that thing?
Hey Cave,
Made the moderator on my lathe - it looks kinda long in the pic doesn't it?
I made it extra long because I didn't have a longer piece of CFT for the barrel. The actual moderating section is about 5" long and slipped on the barrel about 4" - anchored with a set-screw.

Gamo urban is based off the same platform as the BSA Techstar which the R-10 is based off of. The Urban though has a few differences from the rest of the BSA guns.

R-10s are great guns, light, pointale and super accurate. They’re fairly easy to work on if something should go wrong. My R10 made it 10 years before I needed to do a partial reseal and then another 2 before I needed to replace the reg.

One knock would be shot count. You can make an anti bounce device pretty easily or it reallly bothers you, eBay Uk sellers sell different parts to increase efficiency but you need to partially take it apart. XTX’s videos are a great ref if you ever need to.
Great info. Thank you.

Hey Dan,
I thought that maybe a question after my post....

I got 70 shots per fill at 900 fps using JSB 10.35 grain pellet with a 200cc bottle.
The bottle mysteriously broke off the gun due to excessive moisture, corroding the brass coupler. This was caused using my Benjamin pump.
I then purchased a 280cc bottle and SS coupler since I now have a compressor - no moisture issues.

View attachment 441139
Thanks!

Here is the Spring Stop Guide (SSG) I made on my lathe.
I haven't tested it for shot count, but likely the 200cc bottle would have gotten 75/90 shots per fill and my 280cc bottle will get 100+ shots per fill.
I get tired of wasting good pellets to see how many shots I can get before dropping off the regulator.

When I tested the Huma regulator vs. the old BSA regulator (using Blast Tamer) I was getting 70 shots per fill on a 200cc bottle.

BSA R10 - SSG.jpg

Attachments

• BSA R10 - SSG Rear Stock.jpg
    BSA R10 - SSG Rear Stock.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I love my R10se. It is fitted with a Huma regulator and Apex lightweight hammer and matching spring. Tuned it to 800fps with Baracuda 10.65gr pellets and getting 100/per fill, 200cc bottle. Shoots great on my 35 yard range in my backyard. Like it so much I may buy a thumbhole model in .22.
That’s the one I’m beating myself up over - the thumbhole .22. I’m such a cheap pr**k, it’s hard for me to spend that much though. I know as soon as I do, the clothes washer will die, or the car will break down, or SOMETHING! 😳

The R10 I bought new from AOA is one of my finest traditional "walnut and steel" PCP rifles. Extremely accurate. I replaced the factory shroud and moderator (which worked pretty well to deaden sound and make this a backyard friendly shooter) and upgraded to the HUMA bull barrel shroud (formerly Huub) and it is truly "whisper quiet. I was so impressed with its performance I put one on my older BSA Scorpion as well.

BSA R10b.jpg

BSA R10 Sparrow Watch.jpg

That’s the one I’m beating myself up over - the thumbhole .22. I’m such a cheap pr**k, it’s hard for me to spend that much though. I know as soon as I do, the clothes washer will die, or the car will break down, or SOMETHING! 😳
Yep, it happens that way sometimes. You just have to chance it and order! Actually a gun of this quality for that price is a fantastic deal. Someday these guns will go away and you will kick yourself for not getting one. I plan on never selling mine.

I bought my R10 here, (iirc) from a member. I shot it as soon as I got it and it shot fantastic. A short time later, it leaked, and I had to rebuild it and I got a chance to see how it's made inside out. They are a great design, with the exception of one thing, the regulator. After a full rebuild, I've not had any other leaks, but a chrono showed pretty sorry SD and ES. I've had unreg'd guns far more consistent. After some tinkering with the factory reg, I just couldn't get any decent shots from it, even though at 30M, it shot great. It just had something like 40+ fps ES, and sometimes from one shot to the next it would have 25+fps, so in desperation, I was ready to give up. But, being quite stubborn, I was looking to order a test rig for the reg and realized it wasn't a whole lot more for a Huma. Well, now, that's the best thing I've done in a long time. I got the Huma, it was set at 110BAR. I simply turned it up to a marked 130BAR and installed it. My hammer must have, by shear luck, been right where it needed to be. The thing is simply AMAZING! I can shoot over 60 shots UNDER 10fps ES, and SD in the ONE's. Now it's a true laser, and currently tuned to shoot 10.5gr pellets at 917fps avg. It is not pellet picky at all and one of it's fav's is Crosman's new Single Die black box.
I thought nothing would ever come close to my Airmaks Katran L in .177, but this R10 Mk2 is right there with it in every detail.
So, yes, got get you a R10, they're great guns, well made. Plan on replacing the reg, and having what I consider to be one of the best pcp rifles made.

I own the R10 mk2 in .22. It was one of my first pcp purchases and that was about 7 or 8 years ago. The only problem I had with it was after 4 years or so the bsa reg started leaking and giving trouble. They were known to have reg issues at that time. I put a huma in it and that has been the only issue. I can pull it out anytime and it still has the same amount of air and its very accurate. Its been really solid. If I keep it thru this summer I plan on putting a carbon fiber bottle on it.

Reactions: SpiralGroove
I bought my R10 here, (iirc) from a member. I shot it as soon as I got it and it shot fantastic. A short time later, it leaked, and I had to rebuild it and I got a chance to see how it's made inside out. They are a great design, with the exception of one thing, the regulator. After a full rebuild, I've not had any other leaks, but a chrono showed pretty sorry SD and ES. I've had unreg'd guns far more consistent. After some tinkering with the factory reg, I just couldn't get any decent shots from it, even though at 30M, it shot great. It just had something like 40+ fps ES, and sometimes from one shot to the next it would have 25+fps, so in desperation, I was ready to give up. But, being quite stubborn, I was looking to order a test rig for the reg and realized it wasn't a whole lot more for a Huma. Well, now, that's the best thing I've done in a long time. I got the Huma, it was set at 110BAR. I simply turned it up to a marked 130BAR and installed it. My hammer must have, by shear luck, been right where it needed to be. The thing is simply AMAZING! I can shoot over 60 shots UNDER 10fps ES, and SD in the ONE's. Now it's a true laser, and currently tuned to shoot 10.5gr pellets at 917fps avg. It is not pellet picky at all and one of it's fav's is Crosman's new Single Die black box.
I thought nothing would ever come close to my Airmaks Katran L in .177, but this R10 Mk2 is right there with it in every detail.
So, yes, got get you a R10, they're great guns, well made. Plan on replacing the reg, and having what I consider to be one of the best pcp rifles made.
Yeah, I bought my R10 in 2015 and one of the first things I did was replace the OEM reg. with a Huma -> very much ..... necessary;).