• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning BSA R10 SE OWNERS

Dear r10 se owners

Recently, i installed 350cc cf bottle on my r10 se and played with reg( tench) and hst to get my desired 850 fps with jsb 18. I achieved it. The consistency and accuracy is amazing. I am not even a good shot but still it was .4 inches at 75 yards.

I Screwed the reg full max and then unscrewed one full turn. Hst was screwed in probably 8 turns from the the first thread. I was expecting 70 shots with 350 cc, but i am getting about 50 shots. Looks like reg goes off at 155 bar.

What you guys have the best combination of reg and hst. Since, i don't have tools to check reg pressure, therefore suggest in number of turns.

Thanks and good day to all.

I have the BSA R10 SE with the 280 cc bottle. I'm getting 51 good shots with a ES of 16 fps. To get this I have to toss my first shot which is a little low. I have the hammer spring backed way out and played with the regulator to get a average velocity of 865 over the shot string. This is with JSB 15.89 pellets.

I am no master tuner by any stretch but this is what worked for me. This gun is accurate too I am very satisfied. 

That's excellent 50 shots at that higher than factory rated power level with the larger 350cc bottle. I wouldn't touch anything else since you are getting superb hard to beat at 75 yards for a BSA in accuracy already.

hi Odoyle! there is more in the story. the sudden drop from 855 to 840 was probably the break-in of the regulator after service. With the second fill, I got 80 shots with avg. fps of 844 and es of 17. Per shot air consumption was 1.2 bar. now I am very happy with it.

How are you users experiencing the SE version? Better than the mk2? Any issues like chrome of the bolt that comes lose, regulators that fail.

thanks for the feedback.

I have a MK2 in .177 and it's been working well with the stock reg.

Here's a 100 shot string.

string-100.1607608566.jpg